Sundown Audio

T40001BD

CUT BUDDY

What do u guys think I could get out of a T40001BD @ 2.67ohms with a pretty healhty electrical system pushing it. Im sure I probably would only need about a 300amp fuse on it at that particular ohm. The reason why Im asking is because as sum of u may know Im doing a G-Body too. I was trying to sell my pair of Generation II S12L7s, to do BTLs in the Cutlass. Then I decidd to keep em and save that extra money for the Tahoe. But a light popped on in my head today as I was surfing through ebay and saw some of the same model L7s I have that were refurbished by Kicker themselves. I could get a extra sub and run 3. I have dual 4ohm L7s and thats what the refurbished ones were also. So I figured I could get that extra 1 to go with the 2 that I already have and series um together to a 2.67 ohm load. Then I started thinking of amps and It dawned on me that the T40001BD does about 4700@1ohm so what do yall think I would get out of it at 2.67ohm...I know it would run a whole lot more efficiently and Im guessing I could get away with just a 300amp fuse or a 350amp on it considering I wont be pulling all of its power?

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Well depending on box rise, you could end up looking at closer to a 4ohm load. Not quite 4ohms, but closer to 4 than 2.67-3. What is that amp rated to do at 4ohms??? That would give you a better idea of how much power you'll really be getting from it. Do you have the right wire size, battery power, and alt to support that much power also??

Thats what I was thinking about 25-2800....Id be happy with that. Should push the L7s nicely. The box would be tuned to 37Hz cuz thats what was suggested by Kicker. 1 big long box with 3 subs in the middle and 2- 4x12.5" ports....1 on each end. Since Im not doing rear fills Imma use the 4x10" speaker openings on the rear deck for ports. Should wang nicely huh?

Well depending on box rise, you could end up looking at closer to a 4ohm load. Not quite 4ohms, but closer to 4 than 2.67-3. What is that amp rated to do at 4ohms??? That would give you a better idea of how much power you'll really be getting from it. Do you have the right wire size, battery power, and alt to support that much power also??

Of course...a healthy elctrical system is the heart to everything in ur stereo system....Ummmm now that u say Id be up to damn near 4ohm I might be better off just doing 3-zx750.1D amps....atleast I know Id be getting about 900rms each.

I'd like to know if there is anyone on the net selling these amps this is an authorized dealer?  Where are you buying these amps?  Locally?

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

sounddomain.com is authorized....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

sounddomain.com is authorized....

Cool, thanks man.

1999 2 Door Chevy Tahoe 5.7L V8

K&N Cold Air Intake

Kenwood KDC-BT555U

1 Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

1 Clarion MCD360 Crossover

4 Incriminator Audio 1st Gen Warden 18's - 4th Order Bandpass Wall

4 Incriminator Audio 40.1s

8 PRV Audio 8MB450 8" Mid-Range Drivers

8 PRV Audio 6MB200 6" Mid-Range Drivers

1 Stetsom 3K3ES

8 PRV Audio TW350Ti Titanium Bullet Super Tweeter

1 NVX JAD800.4

2 XS Power XP2000s

8 XS Power XP3000s

10 sets of Team Project DB BA60 Battery Terminals

3 Mechman 270 amp alternators

GETTIN LOUDER DAILY!

Ok....got a plan now. Here is a ruff draft the blue prints  ;D Ok I said I was getting a 3rd S12L7 for my Cutlass. Thats a big definate Yes. Then I decided to run them with 3 seprate amps @ 2ohm. The ZX750.1D but then I said weeeeeelll for about $600 more I could do 3 -T10001BD amps and run them @ 2ohms. Then I thought about it and I said scratch that thought because I forgot all about the Autotek MM1400.1D amps. So I did a lil research on em and found a article in CarAudio magazine where they did a bench test on that amp. It was tested @ 14.4V and it wasnt even using the full 1/0 wire that was suggested...they just went with 4guage wire and dont quote me on it but I believe the wire was 20ft in length. But anyway it did 1750rms @1ohm and 1075rms @2ohm with a efficientcy rating of 81%. So I figure Id do 3 and since Im only using it for a 2ohm load I could just just use 4 guage wire with a 100amp fuse on each. I ask the folks at Maxxsonics and they said that would be excellent and that it would run even more efficiently because the battery would be about 2ft from the amps and Im only running it @ 2ohm. I can get all 3 for about $900 shipped which is a steal. So what do u guys think...winner (daily)?

Oh and I already know its comming "Ought to get the rockfords cuz its a more solid amp" May or may not be true but Ive seen the test sheets on the rockford T10001BD and they are similar but the MM does more at 1ohm though.....but by me going with the Autoteks instead of the Rockfords....Im saving about $400-$600 and getting the same amount of watts. Plus the magazine test said it only had about 5% clipped sound at full power which is very very minimum so that proves its clean.