Namosh's Ram Blow-through: The Final Chapter

Thanks, bro!

The next thing will probably be door pods so I can add my other set of 6.5's and I may be needing some help with that since I've never done that before.

hell yeah Id be glad to help ya out man! Just let us know when ya want to start.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

wow props to u big homie that came on beautiful....smart thinking..and it knocks somethin vicious.. props

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

So darrenk got me thinking on how to make my seats fold forward and I came up with this...

The seats are held upright by these hooks that go into these brackets...

Posted Image

Posted Image

When you fold the seats up to expose the amp rack the hooks ride up on the brackets. That got me thinking that if I raised the seats I could make the hooks come all the way out of the brackets and let them fold forward also. So , not knowing exactly how far I needed to raise the seats I cut spacers of 1/2" and 1" out of 3/4" steel pipe...

Posted Image

Spray painted them black....

Posted Image

It turned out that the 1" ones were closest but I had to slightly "re-adjust" the brackets....with a hammer.... and they worked like I was hoping. With the seats half way folded up they raise the hook out of the brackets and allow the seats to fold down.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like you would expect, with the seats down, it's much louder. :yahoo:

And by raising the seats I have gained a little more breathing room for the amps. (and here you can see one of the spacers)

Posted Image

Now, I have to do a little cosmetic work and pretty up the opening. And the stock seat bolts are barely long enough so I'm going to run to the hardware store tomorrow and get longer ones.

More to come......

Glad I could contribute, I too raised mine an 1" to accomodate the amp and the HC2400 I made fit on the driver side but did not think about leaving the hooks in so I may go back and redo mine for safety reasons when someone rides with me. I used 1"x 2" steel and just drilled out the holes and used longer bolts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to made a build log to show it all off i guess huh....lol

2003 Dodge Ram QC 4.7, 3/5 Drop, 22's, Kenwood Excelon x792, 6x9,and 6.5, Rockford 25 to Life Power 1000, RE MX 15, Stinger 1/0 and Big 3 all soldered, Interstate Megatron +, 160A Factory Alternator, MLA Module

Build Pics

• 2 months later...

Thats great work!! I have a 07 2500 quad. I am thinking of doing a blow through similar to yours. I was wondering if you could give me some general dimension of your enclosure including the size of the (mouth). I may go for it this spring.

Thanks Chad

07 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadcab

Alpine 9885, Sundown SAX 100.4, updating components soon,

TC Sounds 3000 dvc 2, 3.1 ft^3 tuned to 31Hz, Sundown SAZ 3000,

4 ought power and ground, 2 Deep cycle batts.

Archived