Fish Chris Posted December 19, 2008 Report Posted December 19, 2008 Herbie Hancock is bad-ass..... But popping in some Yanni, would just make me want to beat the shit out of..... Yanni :-) LOL Peace, Fish
dwright27 Posted December 19, 2008 Report Posted December 19, 2008 LOL John FTMFW!!! we need to get together to cut some more holes my friend. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
treossi Posted December 20, 2008 Author Report Posted December 20, 2008 Im thinking the same oh but that's how i rollz Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
Xplorer Posted December 21, 2008 Report Posted December 21, 2008 Do you even have a clue who Herbie Hancock is? Do you even know how Yanni is.... The similarities are few and far between.... You have really struck a nerve here. Where do You think R & B came from, where do you think blues came from, where to do you think Techno came from, hip hop, rap, dance, drum and bass , rock, and and pretty much any other genre you can name, found it's roots in Jazz music. And hancock was one of the first to introduce synthesizers and electronic key boards and sound effects into jazz, pretty much creating what many would call the new face of jazz music. Your buddy Yanni on the other hand, while he does play a saxophone, is in no way deserving of even being put remotely into the same category of the greats like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald ... just to name a few... All of which I am very familiar with. So Gooch taint, or whatever you chose to call your self, do a little music appreciation and a little history of the influences the artists you find that you really enjoy, see who they list as their influences, and I am sure you will find at least of these names some where in that list. I listen to pretty much every type of music under the sun, and I have a system that came play any thing I want equally well, from tracks like " Bass I Love You " all the way down to something along the lines of " Freddie Freeloader" ( off of what most would consider the greatest Jazz record of all time, Miles Davis : Kind of Blue .... again , Google it ) Not that I am trying to insult you, please don't think I am , but seriously, broaden your musical mind before you try to throw out a term like Yanni when referring to someone like Herbie Hancock. And besides, what would be more movie scene creepy than playing something so smooth and emotional like a jazz song while one takes a base ball bat and plays tee ball with a cranium ? Sociopath behavior anyone? Now thats what I'm talkin' about! Listening to some cool Jazz while you beat someones face in, or prepare to would just freak them out, and in tern give you that fire to beat them even harder
Big Rrd Posted December 21, 2008 Report Posted December 21, 2008 TURN YOUR SUBS UP!!! name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
treossi Posted January 1, 2009 Author Report Posted January 1, 2009 when i get really drunk, this stuff gets groovy Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
zfrerichs Posted January 1, 2009 Report Posted January 1, 2009 cylde carson dont get your hood stomped out Roseville, CA
tudski Posted January 1, 2009 Report Posted January 1, 2009 dead body disposal - necro gang signs - 3 6 mafia your dead - necro violins of violence - necro anything necro preettty much 1996 deville on 18" full face rims -2 gauge wire. -a2400db -RE SE-X in a 4ftc box tuned to 32hz -tview touch double din -rockford punch 6x9s(rear) -mtx 6.5(front) front and rear stage will soon be changed build log will start as soon as it aint cold!
Brick2560 Posted January 1, 2009 Report Posted January 1, 2009 Dead Bodies Everywhere - Korn "Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB Joe owns my soul. Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824
DHFHades Posted January 1, 2009 Report Posted January 1, 2009 Do you even have a clue who Herbie Hancock is? Do you even know how Yanni is.... The similarities are few and far between.... You have really struck a nerve here. Where do You think R & B came from, where do you think blues came from, where to do you think Techno came from, hip hop, rap, dance, drum and bass , rock, and and pretty much any other genre you can name, found it's roots in Jazz music. And hancock was one of the first to introduce synthesizers and electronic key boards and sound effects into jazz, pretty much creating what many would call the new face of jazz music. Your buddy Yanni on the other hand, while he does play a saxophone, is in no way deserving of even being put remotely into the same category of the greats like Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald ... just to name a few... All of which I am very familiar with. So Gooch taint, or whatever you chose to call your self, do a little music appreciation and a little history of the influences the artists you find that you really enjoy, see who they list as their influences, and I am sure you will find at least of these names some where in that list. I listen to pretty much every type of music under the sun, and I have a system that came play any thing I want equally well, from tracks like " Bass I Love You " all the way down to something along the lines of " Freddie Freeloader" ( off of what most would consider the greatest Jazz record of all time, Miles Davis : Kind of Blue .... again , Google it ) Not that I am trying to insult you, please don't think I am , but seriously, broaden your musical mind before you try to throw out a term like Yanni when referring to someone like Herbie Hancock. And besides, what would be more movie scene creepy than playing something so smooth and emotional like a jazz song while one takes a base ball bat and plays tee ball with a cranium ? Sociopath behavior anyone? I never had much apprieciation for jazz until I went to New Orleans...wow...best jazz in the world there but I have always liked the old greats like Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday (greatest female vocalist ever IMO) Duke Ellington, Etta James, the list could go on forever...lol 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15 DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active 1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest. rebuild coming soon to get a better score "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.