Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Is This Ohm Load Number Ok?


newls1

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just am trying to do some diagnostics on my stereo setup and decided to check my ohm load going into my amp. I connected my DMM to the -wire, and +wire, and got an ohm reading of 1.4/1.5 fluctuating. (my speakers are D1's, and are BL 18's loaded) I'm looking to have a 1OHM load, so is this correct? I wired them to the tee as per www.the12volt.com website says, and i've been using them this way for the last 2 months. Im hoping the Voice coils are OK, and wired properly.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

Its fine... Just resistance making it rise...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Posted

I ahve the same setup on a saz-1500d and was just wondering this the other day. I have 2 1dvc bl15s at 1ohm wired via the12volt.com. Just found out that you need 2 dmms to measure resistance correctly with the equation. My guess would be is that mine has been running for about 2weeks and is fine. If yours hasnt burnt down yet its probley fine.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Posted

why do u need 2 dmm's to read resistence ?

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

Posted

Check the resistance when you touch the leads of your DMM together. It will go to 0 but if you hold it for 30 seconds or so it'll probably rise to the true resistance of the leads. Mine are about 0.6 ohms - you'll have to subtract this number from what you get measuring the coils.

All that said, cheaper DMMs suck at reading really low impedance.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted
Check the resistance when you touch the leads of your DMM together. It will go to 0 but if you hold it for 30 seconds or so it'll probably rise to the true resistance of the leads. Mine are about 0.6 ohms - you'll have to subtract this number from what you get measuring the coils.

All that said, cheaper DMMs suck at reading really low impedance.

I will try that with my fluke tonight.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Posted

Ok, im confused? Am I OK with my finding? Also, my DMM is a $10 special from an auto parts store.... VERY CHEAP POS.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7730 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...