Alternator Issue

my rpm is about 3k-5k

Scratch my idea then :unsure:

Since all your power and ground is 0 Gauge and tight, I'd be looking at a problem with the alt itself. Like others have suggested, you should get it looked at. It would suck if it completely died on you and left you hanging somewhere.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

$521 USD for that H/0? Holy smoke? You should send it back if you got warranty on it. They make ask you if you did the install correctly.

Could be a heat issue. The computer controls the output voltage and even if nothing is wrong with the alt, if it is getting too hot, the computer will cut or lower the input signal to protect the alt from overheating. But remember that the computer is going by the stock alt setup. Mine does the same type of thing and I even have the MLA module. Even with the MLA....the cars computer still controls safetly of the alt. Get it checked out on a machine....if it checks out and they send it back, don't be surprised if they say nothing is wrong. It might be working exactly the way your vehicle's computer is telling it to.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

thennn maybe you should run a 0ga alt ground :rolleyes:

-Drew

Unless the alt is already grounded to the engine block and the engine block is grounded with 0ga... in which case it would be a waste of wire.

Have you checked if the alt is getting hot? Some will shut off if they're overheating. Need some alt guru to confirm but I think it can be due to something bad in the rectification making the alt work too hard...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!