Sonic Electronix

Trying To Figure Out How Loud My Bass Is, But Have No Meter

I just realized that comment was directed at someone else, good lord im too twitchy today, MORE CAFFEINE! *rushes off to the kitchen and makes more coffee*

Edited by Sniper

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

150's are weak.

you must be going deaf then, I thought it was ridiculously loud.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

looking at your sig i highly doubt it

x2

most painful setup i've been in was jacks Geo pre-wall.

numbers dont mean anything- if its loud and sounds good then enjoy it.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Nope, I can still hear fine. You're just not used to it.

sounds about right to me, how long does it take to get that feels-like-my-heads-being-crushed stage?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

the head crush part i dont think goes away, atleast for me it hasnt. the ear pain is basically gone after 2 years of being around loud ass stereos

i know my g/f was complaining that it hurt and that her ears were ringing from my car the first time she rode in it, and honestly, i didnt even think i had anything special in mine, i didnt think it was that loud, but im sure i wouldve been very impressed if it wasnt like my 3rd setup so far

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I sat in 150+ on music in my first wall daily for six months and I still pass a DOT physical and military deployment screenings. Very strict hearing policies.

I think Randy mentioned he takes those hearing tests too and he hits way more than me in his.

Men lose their high and midrange hearing over time. It takes a lot of bass to be damaging to your hearing. It's the 15 midrange speakers and tweeters they put behind their head that make them go deaf and they don't know it because the powerful bass waves distort the perception of sound while dampening the pain threshhold.

id like to get my truck metered gotta finda tl in chicago area

Hey since I'm coming up to see you anyways I'll bring mine.

(my last name is Walls, pun intended)

So, I recemtly started cranking some oldschool quad force, and noticed something, I could actually feel my ears hurting

my bass has a very very powerful peak at 45hz, it makes my head hurt, but i've heard a 140 and a 150, them were both much louder than this, as the 150 really really make my ears hurt (like if I had my ear up to the port of the mtxs, which ive done before on accident, well... I was hooking em up and as soon as I got done, my friend Jason hits the stereo and it starts playing a 50hz pure tone (we use it for setting gain) and my ears felt like they got raped.

anyway, this passes what I think the discomfurt level is, I cant really be sure though, I can finally hear the low end to Late Nite tip with this setup, but I really have no idea how loud it is, sounds like 130, but I cant be sure.

I dunno, anyone near the Michiana area feel like stopping by to drop some tones and assure me my shit isnt doing 130?

For a price, I'll make that drive to meter whatever you want, but it's a ways out for me.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Well I've sat in Randy's van and it didn't "hurt" my ears although I couldn't breathe very easily nor see without concentrating my ears felt about like someone jamming there fingers in my ears.

All in all I think the most painful part was the whole getting punched in the back by 30 10s and not being able to breathe very easily.

Edit: Now some harsh tweets (mb quarts, cheap metal domes, and the stupid bullet tweets) make me feel like my ears are on fire....I can't stand loud over bearing tweets.....my brother like LOUD tweets.....but he doesn't like those super low bass lines....he says they hurt his ears....where as I enjoy them.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Well I've sat in Randy's van and it didn't "hurt" my ears although I couldn't breathe very easily nor see without concentrating my ears felt about like someone jamming there fingers in my ears.

All in all I think the most painful part was the whole getting punched in the back by 30 10s and not being able to breathe very easily.

Edit: Now some harsh tweets (mb quarts, cheap metal domes, and the stupid bullet tweets) make me feel like my ears are on fire....I can't stand loud over bearing tweets.....my brother like LOUD tweets.....but he doesn't like those super low bass lines....he says they hurt his ears....where as I enjoy them.

And he will go deaf way before you.

I don't bother running extra speakers with a ton of bass. I'll install them but keep them off until a show or something. I generally only use my front door speakers.

In all of my rap songs, I know the words up until the bass hits and after it ceases I know the words again. But in between I could care less what they are saying. I'm humming the bass.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/