Wild Hair

Ok guys. I got a wild hair up my ass. I have some left over mdf chillin in the garage with some older 4 inch pvc ports. I gonna take one of my bl 15s out hook her up to my 1500d at .5 ohms and build a one note wonder box. My sub has all the extra add on shit except for the extreme leads. I figure Ill do a sub forward ports back design using 2 4" ports extending outside the box with about 3cubes at 45hz. This is my first true box to hit some high numbers. Just kinda want to see what I can do with it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Good and bad. Its going into the ford escape with the back seat layed down. Thanks guyz.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

i have an 02 explorer 2dr sub up port back works, but for one beats the hell out of your rear lid, and the other thing is make sure you have alot of room between port and hatch or it acts as some sort of compression chamber, instead of my box and cabin and all that peaking at 47hz it got lowered and was at 44hz if i would have had sub up port up it would right on my 47hz goal...just something to think about.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

sub up, port back.. need i say more ;)

MyBox2.jpg

MyBox1.jpg

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

2 4" ports is not enough for a 15 in a spl application. I would make my own 8" or larger port if your gonna try something like that. You should need at least 4 4" ports if you trying to achieve a high spl. When going for spl throw everything you know out the window about box building. With a single 8" or 4 4" ports you will have 16.75sqin per cuft and will be enough to start for that sub. You may find that more port area will work better, but 2 4's is only 8.3sqin per cuft and is no where near enough for spl.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I think finding your resonant Freq first should be the starting point

and x2 on sub up port back. Not to mention ductape is your frnd to seal up any holes such a aircon vents etc

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order