Sonic Electronix

its going in an extended cab ranger

also how would i attatch the pvc pip to the precision ports? i've seen guys use duck tape?

Pvc cement works to attach the coupler ring to the actual port tube. Or you can use duct tape to attach the same rings to the port and also attach the flares to the port. That's how my setup is and I used tape incase I want to change it in the future instead of gluing it in place and having a hard time when I want to change it. I like the way that it is now so I could probably just glue the ports together and it wouldn't be an issue.

David I think that you would agree with someone else just to disagree with me. I have proof that 4 4's work better than 3 4's for daily and spl. Not to mention that the subs that this guy is going to run are very very similar to the ones I have in my car.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Keep in mind bunkerking that you can make a aeroport longer than 17". You can get your own pvc and make the ports any length that you want. So you could do a box that is 4 cubes total and get your own pvc and make them 26" long and use 4 4" ports and have a loud ass low tuned box.

Ding ding ding, Winnar! If it was me I'd make them whatever length I needed. Duct tape has never worked well for me so I've always used electrical tape for my ports.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i think i'm gonna do 4 cubes net, tuned to 32 w/ all 4 ports at 32" long, half in half out

For your ranger two type of boxes could end up working great. One, you could fire the woofers and port both up and you would have to do part of the ports outside the box unless you made it really tall. Or two you could fire the woofers up and the port to the drivers side and you should be able to fit the entire ports inside the box without an issue. How much space do you have to work with in your truck? Also remember when you place the port in the box it should be at least 4" from whatever wall that is directly behind it. Meaning that if you face the ports up the flares on the port should be 4" from the end of the opening of the flare to the bottom wall of the box. The same if you side fire the ports, they should be 4" from the passenger side wall at the flare opening on the port. This allows for the port to vent properly and will help the box work correctly. Good luck with it, and if you aren't completely happy with 4 ports you can always just plug one and see how you like it then. With the tuning being at 32hz and you plug one it will be well into the upper 20's so you may have to cut some length off of each port. I wouldn't reccomend trying it unless your completely unhappy with the way the 4 work out. What power are going to the subs for daily?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Looks good, that too should work out very well. I think that you'll be happy with the result of that box. Where are you planning on putting the amp at?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Looks good, that too should work out very well. I think that you'll be happy with the result of that box. Where are you planning on putting the amp at?

That is a GREAT question...i think i'm going to have to mount it underneath the subs on the box.

Honestly, i don't have room anywhere else. Other than a truck box in my bed, but i don't like that idea.

Archived