Sonic Electronix

How To Properly Pack Car Audio Gear For Shipping.

and lots of tape. not duct tape. stuff sucks for packing, use acual packing tape. haha

i like to use a good 3" wide packing tape. and 2" for doing bubble wrape and such

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
and lots of tape. not duct tape. stuff sucks for packing, use acual packing tape. haha

i like to use a good 3" wide packing tape. and 2" for doing bubble wrape and such

Bills

and when its cold out iv used a heat gun on the finished package to help the tape stick to the box better,

may sound a bit overkill, but anything that's worth of value or weight is worth the prep time or the seller could be refunding the money back if you don't get insurance.

iv seen duck tape before its sad, lol, could be worse by using electrical tape, lolol

Edited by Fi-Beat-Down

we recycle alot around these parts, we basically save a load of boxes in the back and all the packing materials

URS sends radios enclosed in this sweet foam with a radio sized box, a one size fits all deal. sooo legit for being reused, you could play frisbee with the thing and not jostle the deck around inside, and we all know those ups guys practically throw those things around (if you didnt know yet, they do literally get thrown and dropped, unless it says fragile, than someone will usually catch it, lol)

for enclosed subs ive always like triple or quad walled the box infront of the subs, with a foam separator so nothing is touching, usually what rockford amps come suspended in, like i said, we reuse alot of stuff. somehow they always manage to slam something thru a box or two and into the cone and then say it was a bad packaging job

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

This is how Matt (bass4lyfe) packed my T10001bd.....great packing!

and I too always overpack my stuff b/c even if it's insured and the stuff gets broken I know I get really bummed out....anyways onto pics!

IMG00225.jpg

IMG00226.jpg

IMG00227.jpg

IMG00228.jpg

IMG00230.jpg

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

rockford amps are practically shipping ready in their stock boxes, they're suspended in those neat foam blocks, they definately thought their packaging out very well

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC