Sonic Electronix

I was riding down the road today bumpin a little and smell a stronge smoke smell. I thought it was from someone burning leave or trash or something, then my top sub started rattling and my whole truck became engulfed in damn smoke. I was heated man, I mean pissed. I've had to take this truck back to my installer I know 10 times to get shit fixed. I just got it back like 2 weeks ago and everything was supposed to be rewired, but evidently somethings not right. What I don't get is that I only bump it like 5 minutes when I do and another thing, the damn truck stays parked most of the time. I only drive this thing on occasion. Its an 05 with 22000 miles on it. I don't know what to do, I called and raised hell again with my installer like I do every time something goes wrong. It just looks like having spent around 15 gs on this thing it would work right. Also I just bought all that rockford equip from them, 4 T2 15's, a t4000bd, a t800bd, alpine highs, and alpine deck, it looks like they would want to keep me as a customer, but im thinking bout going somewhere else if they can't get this shit straight, DAMN im pissed. Ok fellas I just had to vent to someone about it, thanks for listening

theres nothing wrong with the truck, like james said its installer or user error that has caused it.......

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

i totally disagree, thats like saying its supposed to fuck up

if you cant rely on an installers work to be dependable for you then they sont need to be an installer period imo

Murphy's Law - "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Derp.

I almost smoked my subs the other day with only half the power I could be running to them, simply by running WAY too low a frequency to them. so user error could be the case

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

The installer took everything out yesterday and informed me that one of the jl amps had fried, he said because the amp fried it could have caused the sub to smoke too, but the sub is fine he says, does this make any sense to you guys? Why would there be smoke coming out of my box if it was the amp that fried not the sub?

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

you said your speaker was making a rattling sound. that would be your voice coil. and a burnt Sub kinda smells like burn toast out of the toaster. push down on the sub in the center and if it makes a crunching sound and is hard to push, then your sub is probably blown.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

yeah i agree with kkiiaann33....definatly sounds like a voice coil. what your installer said to you doesnt make much sense to me personally. i would think that if the amp fried the sub would just stop playin not start rattling and smokin....

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.