Sundown Audio

Would it be a bad idea to strap 2 1500ds at 1 ohm. I jave 2 dual 1 fi bl 15s with all the cooling option. And If the amps will stay stable can my subs handle that kind of power for DD? Reason I ask is that I have 1 1500d already and was curious on buying a second one or selling and getting a 3000d

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Each amp would be at a .5 ohm load, not covered by warranty, and just for that fact I wouldnt do it, I would sell it and get a 3000d, but thats just my opinion.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Ya I think thats what im gonna do. I was more worried about the abuse on my subs with that kind of power. I have all the coling options but still.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Im considering a clam shell with two more bls down the road. 4 15s in an escape is crazy. (small ass car and Im keeping the backseat)

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Im considering a clam shell with two more bls down the road. 4 15s in an escape is crazy. (small ass car and Im keeping the backseat)

GL with that there used to be a real loud escape on the forums with 4 DD15s i dont think he had a back seat

Would it be a bad idea to strap 2 1500ds at 1 ohm. I jave 2 dual 1 fi bl 15s with all the cooling option. And If the amps will stay stable can my subs handle that kind of power for DD? Reason I ask is that I have 1 1500d already and was curious on buying a second one or selling and getting a 3000d

u can have your subs reconed to dual 2 and put 1 on each saz 1.5k. would be cheaper then buying new sub

charles

Edited by carolinacartel

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

x2 that it's not covered under warranty and not recommended but there are people that sucessfully do this. You'll need some electrical upgrades to do it and I'll also warn that with the amount of power you'll see you can damage those subs easily if you're not careful and they won't be covered under warranty either.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

No waranty coverage at .5 ohms. On another note I run both of my saz1500's at .5 daily all day every day. I don't run them full blast every second I'm in the car, and I maybe play at full volume for a song or two and that's it. They work great at this impedence though. I've never had mine get hot, but they have gone into protect when it's been really cold outside. I've never had them protect any other time except when it's been cold. It's up to you if you want to take the risk of damaging the amps not to mention the subs. I think that would be your weakest point, giving the subs too much power. My electrical isn't the best. I only have a 800 cca batt up front under the hood and a Powermaster D3100 in the back. Also 2 runs of 0 guage and a 0 guage upgraded ground to frame up front. Not a complete big 3 by any means and I'll get around to it one day. With that for electrical my voltage only drops into the high 11's on music and never drops below 12.4 on a burp. Upgrade the subs and electrical and then run them bitches at .5 and enjoy.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz