Cutting Hole For A Solobaric

Every hole I've seen for a solobaric has rounded off edges. Is this necessary to keep air from escaping or could I just cut a regular square? If so how do Idraw it out so that the rounded off corners are perfect. Also what tool do you guys use for these. Would a jig saw work if I was careful?

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

when i cut mines i just cut it kind of crooked but i tookmy time sanding the hole so its all good and smooth and screwed my subs in nice and tight no air was getting out but on top of that i put some goo stuff that hardens and in case there was any air comming out

in other words it dont have to be perfect! imo

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

yeah a jigsaw would work. on my l7 i only had a black and decker jigsaw and drill at hand and i actually made a box using only those tools. i was surprised it sounded good and loud.

the hole doesn't have to be perfect just don't make it too big, make it smaller just to be safe then trim it off with a sander if it doesn't fit.

Every hole I've seen for a solobaric has rounded off edges. Is this necessary to keep air from escaping or could I just cut a regular square? If so how do Idraw it out so that the rounded off corners are perfect. Also what tool do you guys use for these. Would a jig saw work if I was careful?

What I do is draw a regular square and use a 20oz soda bottle cap to make the rounded corners.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i agree with kentb.my holes are still small i shove the sub in there so even with out screws it stays... so better smaller then bigger... and the only problem u might have is the corners fitting... u will see what i mean when u start

BUILDLOG

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

mine came with those little pads i just traced those out and i was good

BUILDLOG

draw the regular square and just use a large spade or forsner drill bit to drill out the corners so they are round and then cut the rest of the hole

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

What size Solo Baric are we talking about??

Derp.