Few Questions About Kicker Zx2500.1

So my buddy just got a 08 Zx2500.1 amp and we hooked it up really fast just to see what it would do and its running off of 4 awg wire (i know its hood). but we are gonna do it right when the 1/0 awg wire comes Thursday. And i was wondering why it cuts out if we turn it up so loud then it goes right back on is it not getting enough power ? and also the sub he has is a DVC 2 Ohm and the amp amp is 4/2 ohm how do i wire it so its just 2Ohm is there anything special i need to do or what ?

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

So my buddy just got a 08 Zx2500.1 amp and we hooked it up really fast just to see what it would do and its running off of 4 awg wire (i know its hood). but we are gonna do it right when the 1/0 awg wire comes Thursday. And i was wondering why it cuts out if we turn it up so loud then it goes right back on is it not getting enough power ? and also the sub he has is a DVC 2 Ohm and the amp amp is 4/2 ohm how do i wire it so its just 2Ohm is there anything special i need to do or what ?

The reason why it probably cuts out is he's more than likely running the amp off a single battery and 4 guage. With that amp you need at least one large secondary battery to keep enough power going to the amp at all times. The 4 guage is also not allowing enough current through to the amp to keep it powered up to it's potential. As for the wiring you won't be able to wire a single woofer that is a dual 2 ohm to a 2 ohm mono load. Your only options with a dual 2 ohm woofer is 1 ohm or 4 ohms. DO NOT run that amp at 1 ohm or you will blow the shit out of it. 4 ohms is the only real option right now. If he were to get another dual 2 ohm sub he could wire each sub to parallel which is + to + and - to -, and then wire those subs in series to create a 2 ohm load. Series is when you take the negative side of one sub and wire it to the positive side of the other sub. The leftover + on the sub is used to go to the amp, and the leftover negative on the other sub goes to the amp as well. It's kind of hard to explain and I don't have a diagram to show you so just google it and find out.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I would say it an electrical problem because i had that same issuse. That amp need alot of power because it look at the size of the fuse (300) That one huge power hungry amp. IF it cut off and come back then i would turn it down until you got the power and wire. I hope you not gonna insert a 4 gauge fuse on a 0 gauge wire.

the only way you are gonna be able to wire that sub to that amp is if you run it at 4Ohms which means that the sub will only be getting 1250 watts rms. =

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

the amp is prob cutting out due to the 4ga wire + the lack of enough current coming from the battery + improper installation.

Do it right the first time and you wont risk blowing the amp or sub.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

the only way you are gonna be able to wire that sub to that amp is if you run it at 4Ohms which means that the sub will only be getting 1250 watts rms. =

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

the amp is prob cutting out due to the 4ga wire + the lack of enough current coming from the battery + improper installation.

so what would peak be at 4Ohms ?

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Damn it another problem the sub we have is a 2/1 Ohm so is there even a correct way to do it ? because we cant do 4Ohms can we with that sub ?

Edited by Bowser91

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold