Battery Cable Too Short Now

ok, heres what happened: i finally got my rockford battery clamps that i had to order from a local shop. so i go to put them in the other day and i start with the ground. no problems there. i get to the positive side and i cut the factory clamp off. holy :censored: !!! the wires are too short. well, i got it to work but the problem is my ground clamp is facing the back of the car like its supposed to but my positive is pointing towards the front because the 2 wires were too short.

i guess my question is this. it looks like its around 8 gauge wire, its just really stiff. i have some 8 gauge rockford power wire, will it work if i solder some to the factory wire to add a little length to it? if not am i stuck with what ive got? is there anything else i could do?

please help!!! :help:

thanks guys

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:

from MY prospective I'd say that soldering some 8ga and shrink wrapping it will be fine.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Don't solder to your factory wires. The car cranks off those wires and a crappy solder joint won't be up to much

Get some heatshrink and a hex crimp joiner. Strip both wires to almost the length of the crimp joiner so they overlap inside then crimp the ever living hell out of it with a proper hex crimping tool. If you buy the joiner from an electrical wholesaler ask them if you can use their crimping tool for 5 minutes, have everything ready and get it handled in the carpark. Then heatshrink or tape over it. It'll never, ever come apart and the joint will be better than anything you could manage with solder.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

ok so thats 2 completely different opinions. lol

any1 else have any ideas?

thank u both tho

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:

if it works with the way it is might as well leave it for a little and if u start having problems then look in to the next thing u can do

Edit: spelled start wrong lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Listen to boon. A guy i worked for used the crimps for high voltage stuff then wrapped it in some thick ass black tape. This was for a permanent adhesine s/p. we used a very large crimper and used my weight to push it closed

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Sorry if I misunderstood but why not just buy a new positive wire? You can get one from the auto parts store in all different lengths for like 8 bucks. I just replaced mine in my chevy.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Yea, if you can get a good solder joint you would be fine soldering them. Like boon said getting a good joint is the hard part. When I had to extend some of my wires for my amp I just added a fuse holder.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Archived