Best Sq Sounding 6.5

fischy fisch

I heard the RS series and they kick out some very nice midbass....not that hollow popping kind of midbass....bass like a sub low and hard...but for $60 your not gonna find a better pair of comps then the RSDs they kick out some serious midbass and I mean serious.....tricked a kid into thinkijng I had a 10 in my truck with only 2 6.5s in the front doors with 5 layers of deadner....then he changed his mind after the high bass came in 60hz and my door panels started rattling....gotta fix that somehow..:)

are your rsd's in a sealed door pod?

mine is in a sealed door pod and it rattled on about 65hz freq, so what i did was i took out the door panel, put some peel n' seal(cheap deadening from lowes) and stick it to the plastic panels and where the door pods attach, also added some rubberized undercoating just to make it look cleaner and add more deadening.

it worked for me, but i also overkilled it and actually put deadening inside the door pod. and now it doesn't rattle on any frequency no matter how loud it is

ya i have that same problem with my ks but its not realy sealed but is dose it and it sound like distortion and at time you can hear the metal rattle on the side of the truck

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

ya i have that same problem with my ks but its not realy sealed but is dose it and it sound like distortion and at time you can hear the metal rattle on the side of the truck

you have to deaden your doors. i'm a firm believer that when it comes to speakers, its 10% equipment 90%install

• 2 weeks later...

If thats the case, then I got some 18 inch radio shack subs for you, Ill trade you even up for your btls and will even pay shipping for everything.

LOL :lol:

forum_sundowncopy.jpgdd_red.gif

2 DD 9515

1 Soundown SAZ-3000D

2 Optima Redtops

Big 3 upgrade

Hitting 151.1db

x2 and CDT

x4 CDT Audio

definitely not CDT if you want to accurately reproduce. CDT sounds completely artificial to me. I have heard a variety of their lines low to high end from them, some i listened blindly without knowing what brand was be using, I ended up with the same thoughts about them.

If you are looking for just the mids for $200, you can buy individual drivers some of the time. I know Hertz sells individual drivers, ask your local dealer for a price on the Hv165 mids, shouldnt be more that $200. Ive seen complete Hertz high energy sets selling for $250 authorized. But it all depends on what your dealer has their price set at.

The hertz mids(high energy line) are a bit on the warm side, so they do have their own coloration to it slightly to give it that analog feel the way I interrupt it to my ears. IMO do not buy anything from Hertz below the high energy line.

The Dynaudio mids are very neutral and great sounding, however they are expensive, Dyna was forced to raise their prices by 15% this year from sales last quarter, it snot a terrible increase but is still an increase.

Focals are very articulate in their sound, they are on the edgy side of sounds, can be unpleasant to people who have sensitive ears in high frequencie, but that has to do more of their tweeters than anything, so disregard that.

Best thing to do is demo several sets at dealers, or even the display board at best buy lol and you decide for yourself what sounds best for your needs/wants. Dont go to a dealer and feel pressured into a sale. Have some self control. :P

Team Stereo Clarity

are your rsd's in a sealed door pod?

mine is in a sealed door pod and it rattled on about 65hz freq, so what i did was i took out the door panel, put some peel n' seal(cheap deadening from lowes) and stick it to the plastic panels and where the door pods attach, also added some rubberized undercoating just to make it look cleaner and add more deadening.

it worked for me, but i also overkilled it and actually put deadening inside the door pod. and now it doesn't rattle on any frequency no matter how loud it is

It the plastic thing that holds all the window switches in my door that rattles....I fix it sometime.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived