Second Skin Audio

Box Design For My Car

hey guys, i'm new here but not to the BOOM, i'm currently running in my car 1 15" Mtx 9500 with a Hifonics Brutus 1600, in a sledge hammer duplicate box, and the car is an 96 integra hatch. The measurements are 33" side to side,14" height, and 19" front to back, The trunk has more room to it but due to the back wiper/motor and the wheel wells, i don't wanna bother going under and over it, so pretty much rectangle. I was thinking sub up port back, due to it being a hatch and not trunk and more air travel, plus its for daily loudness, the sledge hammer's not doing it for me anymore, and i know i can push more out of the mtx then what i can now, also i need more upgrades but due to the ARTIC WIND, i ain't doing sh*t :D. Would apprciate your help and yes i went thru the steps lol

04 Acura TL

Sundown build coming soon.

just wanna know what i can do to the 9500, knowning its outrated on the prices, but then i got it for a decent price. lmk guys, countin on ya...... :D

IMO for a loud daily, go sub up port back. IDK what the Sledgehammer specs/tuning are, but I'd recommend 2.25cu. ft. and 32Hz tuning for your 9500...

Fs - 31.90Hz

Qms - 3.78

Cms - 0.066mm/N

Mms - 375.20g

Rms - 19.89 kg/s

Vas - 2.474ft

XMax - 1.010in

D - 13.082 in.

Sd - 134.41in.

Vd - 135.77 in.

Qes - 0.79

Re - 1.71

Bl - 12.74Tm

Prms - 1000W

Qts - 0.655

SPL - 87.10db

For designing to your specs, I'm not the man for that job.. :)

Derp.

IMO for a loud daily, go sub up port back. IDK what the Sledgehammer specs/tuning are, but I'd recommend 2.25cu. ft. and 32Hz tuning for your 9500...

Fs - 31.90Hz

Qms - 3.78

Cms - 0.066mm/N

Mms - 375.20g

Rms - 19.89 kg/s

Vas - 2.474ft

XMax - 1.010in

D - 13.082 in.

Sd - 134.41in.

Vd - 135.77 in.

Qes - 0.79

Re - 1.71

Bl - 12.74Tm

Prms - 1000W

Qts - 0.655

SPL - 87.10db

For designing to your specs, I'm not the man for that job.. :)

2.25cuft fora 15.....too small and I don't care what mfg specs are....I'd do 3-4cubes tuned low 31-33hz.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

thanx guys, but yeah my sledge hammer box is to that spec, right off the mtx tech pdf sheet, i made it exactly how it is on the sheet except, due to i couldn't get the 1 inch face board i ended up putting 2 3/4 mdf togeather for that super, face board lol, i wanted sumthin more of a comp box not no ordinary box, i was thinking of a box to fill up my trunk :D and exactly what you said , sub up port back, guys got an images lmk i stink @ that adobe, stuff (sorry if i dunt no what the programs called) thankx for the help

04 Acura TL

Sundown build coming soon.

subs up port up seems to hit alot deeper IMO, since im also working with a integra but thats just me !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones