Second Skin Audio

Which Shallow Mount Subs Hit The Hardest

killer_spirll

ok i am just wondering what u guys whould say are the best shallow mount subs on the market. i am thinking the mtx TT6512-02 are going to be good. but i am looking for what u guys say are the best and the hardest hitting sub

smd3.png

ive heard the pioneer shallow mounts didnt care for them, havnt heard the fosgate ones, but the ones i settles on were the kicker cvt's the were very efficient and played long and hard, did not put out the lows all that well but then again the sub is under 5 inches deep

i would go with the re sl tho, ive been dieing to try them, they look like an amazing sub

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

this is a personal preference question.

X2..I sell both Pioneer and Memphis flat subs,and I would have to say they are fairly close in sound..some like the lows a little better than others.

You may want to look at the Audiopipe TSF1200. It's a 12 inch flat sub with a 3.5 inch flat sub and a 1000 watt RMS power rating . I don't know how they would compare head-up with those other subs, but for the money, these sound GOOD! PM me if you're interested because we can get you a pretty good deal on these.

Polk Audio MM1240. Installed in a Toyota Supra in a large enclosure tuned to 24hz, the driver was incredible. Absolutely incredible. Very high effeciency, high linearity, fantastic build quality. Honestly, I am used to Meyer Sound PSW-2's and other such high resolution theatrical drivers and the Polk Audio MM1240 was really quite comparable in overall sound quality in that enclosure.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

I have a pioneer right now, and i like the way that it sounds. The kicker is not a bad sub. If i had the opportunity i would really love to try out the new RE subs. They look extremely beefy, and look like they can take a punishment. You also have to remember that it is a shallow mount sub. A lot of shallow mounts barely have any excursion. Mine for instance only has 6mm, while full size ones have 20+ mm of excursion.

Here is a video of my 12" in my current box. It is only 3.25" deep, and it has about 300 watts to it(just guessing, highly doubt it is getting that though)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Pm Bill aka Kingsuv and ask him how it sounded, also i need to work on my video skills, lol

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Archived