Anyone Here Get In Trouble For Hids

Read:

The Truth on HID Kits

That grazes over legality, but doesn't delve very deep into it. But it does talk about why people will flash you post installation.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

anyone get in truble with the 12000k??? in MI

Edited by GoreMasterCustomAudio

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

anyone get in truble with the 12000k??? in MI

IMO 12000 is stupid to get on a car your going to use daily.. The higher the temp (6000k, 8000k, 10000k, 12000k) the less light output your going to have, so upgrading to hids for more light output, but getting the color with the least light output (12,000k) is pointless.

And 12,000Ks are illegal in everystate and intended for off road use only.

Getting the high temp bulbs just so your headlights will look like a stock audi, caddy, vw, benz, bmw is pointless because they wont look nothing like it UNLESS you run projectors, or a headlight assembly made for a hid bulb that has a sharp cut off. The vehicles with stock hids also run a lower temp bulb and have way more light output (4000k-6000k).

Any HID kit put into normal oem headlight assemblys that are made for halogen bulbs is illegal because there is not a sharp cutoff line and creates very bad hotspots for other drivers. Unless you get hid bulbs that have a reflector on them to help with the hot spots. Just something to keep in mind.

But Ive never been harassed yet by the police for my hids, I have them in my caddy and tahoe and in the wrong assemblys causing hot spots. Im also running a 8000k temp bulb.

my local law, but fairly general

© No lamp shall be used on a motor vehicle having a light source greater than thirty-two candle power, unless such lamp is approved by the commissioner as provided by this section. The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to any light which is permitted to be displayed only on an authorized emergency vehicle, a hazard vehicle or a vehicle which is permitted to display a blue or green light pursuant to paragraphs four and five of subdivision forty-one of this section.

(afaikm all halogen bulbs are pre-approved)

32 candle power is a weak flashlight...like those giveaway keychain ones(most hid kits are rated like 3200 lumens+), there's also a provision for dazzle or something like that, so they can get you on the fact that your lights are brighter than a shitty flashlight or that they create "dazzle" which isnt legally defined, so they cop is free to say whatever they want.

that being said, i have 8k highs and lows, for about 2 years now, ive gotten 1 warning and been pulled over about a dozen times for unrelated things. Its such a gray area because there are legal HID's out there, and its hard to prove which is which.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

hey who cares about the other drivers.....half of the time people drive with there highs and you flash for them to turn them down and they dont. so what ever, atleast you can see better at night!

Ive seen the 12k before but are just too purple for my taste. your just asking to get pulled over then. but now a days the cops will pull you over for random stuff. i had a honda before and the was two different time where i was pulled over twice in a week for random crap.

what do you guys think of the 3k HID's (yellow) do you think you might get pulled over for that?

Guest mkornely89

I have 8,000, havent gotten in trouble yet.

If people flash their lights at you frequently, then try aiming them lower and direct the driver side light more in. I had that problem before, but i just aimed them closer to the ground, havent had anyone flash their brights at me since.

Halo/Angel Eyes projector headlights FTW!

Edited by mkornely89

also does anyone have any pics of them, like im interested in the temp to color ratio. i wanna see like real pics not trying to sell pics.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

hey who cares about the other drivers.....

your a douche!

I bet your one of them that thinks its cool to be blearing your stereo at all hours of the night and all thru town disturbing the peace.....

You wont be saying who cares about the other drivers when that other driver cant see the road becasue your illegal HIDS are blinding them and then they end up crashing into you head on...

But yea who cares about the other drivers..

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: