Engine Noise Coming Threw Rear Speakers? Rca's?

hey guys, I'm tryin to help a friend out, he just got a 2000 mustang and we changed the head unit from a old alpine to a pioneer 5900 and now its getting engine noise threw the rear speakers. for some reason the rear speakers are hooked up to an amp and the front aren't. He does not have the mach 460 system its all been replaced. I've heard of pioneer head units having problems with the rca's sometimes and somehow people grounded them and it went away, could this be the problem? if so how do you ground the rca's. I tried to search for this but nothing came up.

Temporarily he just unhooked the rear amp and is just running the front speakers but he's installing his subs soon and wants to fix the rear speakers and make sure it doesn't happen with the subs too.

thanks in advance for any input

this question was asked like 300 times,idk i guess i can say Rca's even thou already know or by me it was the deck.so idk could be a few of those problems

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

PioneerFix.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

^^^^^x2^^^^^ try grounding your rca's like shown in the pic.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

i have had to do that to every one of my pioneers, its a common fact that they have bad rca grounds

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Here is the thread on this site:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452

Where did you get that pic UhOh45, I have seen it before...?

Baylor University

Accounting

This happens because pioneer is the company that puts a diode on the ground part of the RCA's and sometimes if you unhook the the RCA's before unhooking the power to the amp it can send a voltage back up the RCA's and blowing that diode which causes you to loose ground. So by grounding the out side of the RCA plug it gives it new ground. This i was what i was told by a pioneer tech. It wont hurt anything if you do the fix it actually how it should be done internally.