So I'm Buying My First Home And I'm Scared Shitless

This is the third time that the wife and I have tried to buy a home. The first house, we went throught the inspection and found out that house had about $20k worth of safety issue that had to be repaired before we could buy. The home owner didn't want to go though with that nor did he want to drop the price on the home. Needless to say we killed the deal two days before we were set to close on the house and I lost all my earnest money. That was too years ago.

So we started looking again last year with a new real estate agent cause that last one had to go after not telling me I was gonna loose my money. We found a nice house in July and tried to put a bid in on that home. We never got pass the bidding process cause the home owner didn't want to really come down in price. So we left that one alone. When we started looking again in December we saw that this house was on the market still and the price had dropped down a lot so we tried to go after it again. This time we were beat to the punch. The home owners had already accepted someone elses offer. So for the past month I've been catching major major hell from the misses. She wants a house and I'm in full agreement with her. It was just something about that house that scared me away from it even though it had everything we wanted. It had something that I know I didn't want. A septic system.....ewwww no.

About two weekends ago we look at this house and really liked it. Went back again this pass Saturday to take another look at it and we decided that this was the one. We had a mortgage broker do a good faith estatmate on this this house at full asking cost to see if we could afford giving a full offer. Turns out that we could based off the estatmate. So we put in a bid for this house on Saturday morning and by that evening after two counter offers we came to price that both parties could agree apond. So now I have to get an inspection done on this place and if all goes well by Feb 25, 2009 I will have a new home and a mortgage bill.

Home in Imperial MO

Posted Image

This house is 1700 sqft excluding the basement. The garage has enough room to not only get the suburban in, but I can actually put a work bench in there too. The master is pretty big with a full walking closet, and one of those master bathrooms with a seperate tub/shower deal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is no pics of the basement, but it's partically finished. The previous owners had the basement drywalled. So 97% of it is walled. The basement is the full lenght of the house so I can get another 15 - 1700 sqft of living space down there once I finish it up. There is rough in plumbing down there for another bathroom.

What do you guys think?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

dude i am loving the look of those hardwood floors, they last forever too...Good luck with it man :)....

Id love to get my own house one day :D

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Very nice looking house.....good luck wsith your purchase hope all goes well for you :):friends:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

If you can buy now, this is the time to do it. That house was listed at $189,900 a year ago I couldn't afford it. Now with the interest rates lower and I had a lot more money down I was able to get this house within my comfortable range as far as monthly mortgage.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

If you can buy now, this is the time to do it. That house was listed at $189,900 a year ago I couldn't afford it. Now with the interest rates lower and I had a lot more money down I was able to get this house within my comfortable range as far as monthly mortgage.

That same house in my neighborhood would be worth over 500 grand easy.

Its all about location lol...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Very nice looking house.....good luck wsith your purchase hope all goes well for you :):friends:

Thanks for the luck. I hope it goes well too. I don't see anything wrong with this house but you never know until you get the inspection done. The first house I tried to buy I knew about that crappy deck they had. I just didn't know that the deck was gonna cost me $15k to get rebuilt. Or the $7k in electrical issues the house had too. But I look at it as a life learned experience. That why I'm not all that excited about this one until I know after the inspection that everything is gravy. :yahoo:

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Just an update..........

I had my inspection last Friday and things went great. The only issues that were found with the house was that the furnance fan was stuck in the on position and wouldn't shut off, and there was a leak on the outside water hose. Other than those issue the house was is great shape. I'm so glad that nothing major was found with the house. Also the sellers have already purchased a buy/sellers home warranty for the house. This was big because my inspector said that if I would have just gotten the buyer home warranty with that fan issue then I could have been stuck paying full price to get the furnance repaired had it failed. But since it's a buyer/seller warranty the furnance will be fully cover. I still put in a request to have the owners fix the furnance and the leaks though. Now it's just the waiting game. I have to pack up the apartment and fix some of the walls in the apt that were damaged due to my dual recliner couch that not worth a damn anymore. Man I can't wait till the 25th gets here.

One of the first things I'm gonna do once I officially have my own garage is to finally put those damn kicker amps in the truck and take the Autotek out. I've been putting that off till I had a house. I was tired of having to drive like 40 miles away to my dad's house to try and work on my truck. And the weather wasn't all that nice here either with the cold and the snow. But in about 23 days that should all change. :good::yahoo:

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

that a nice house i'm in love with hardwood floor i hope it all go well with yours and ur wifes move/ and home

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Archived