Wiring Lead-acid Batts

Noob Question:

In my S-10 I have a new Everstart Maxx battery which does 850CCA and I have a extra batt lying around. Its an Interstate batt. which does roughly the same CCA but it not at a full charge. Is it possible to wire these together +/+, -/- with one in under the hood and one in the walk-through area?

What problems would having the Interstate batt not fully charged wired with the New Everstart batt pose??

When I say not fully charged I mean the Interstate on not so cold days will start the truck but on days below 10 degrees its dead. Which requires a quick jump-start to get it to start.

Thanks and sorry for such a noob question.

Derp.

Its a junk battery. I wouldn't put it in there. Its gonna bring the other one down with it.

those aren't really intended for inside anyway are they? what with the gas they give off?

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

DHFHades - Didn't know that.

yeah, it's on here somewhere, that when lead acid batteries charge they give off some gas that is not very good for you, I wanna say sulfardioxide but I'm not 100% sure on that

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Don't put flooded batteries in your cabin.

Firstly, as mentioned, they release gas when charging (Sealed batteries will still do this if over-charged) and secondly if they leak/spill acid it will burn right through your carpet and out through the floor ;/

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived