Sonic Electronix

Enough power for 2X 18 Fi BL????????

Hifonics are decent if you havent dealt with decent car audio before, but my friend bought some for his system and I installed them.  It was a bxi1206 and it was very sensitive to having to long of a ground, normally I can get away w/ 11 inch ground ( I know shorter is better, but mounting options sometimes limit shortness) but this amp didnt even like a 6 inch ground, it finally liked the 4 inch ground we ended up with it was horrible. I think 2 sundown audio saz1500's would be good for your system. Check out soundsolutionsaudio.com, kluvkustoms.com, and I think there is another one but not sure.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

Hifonics are decent if you havent dealt with decent car audio before, but my friend bought some for his system and I installed them.  It was a bxi1206 and it was very sensitive to having to long of a ground, normally I can get away w/ 11 inch ground ( I know shorter is better, but mounting options sometimes limit shortness) but this amp didnt even like a 6 inch ground, it finally liked the 4 inch ground we ended up with it was horrible. I think 2 sundown audio saz1500's would be good for your system. Check out soundsolutionsaudio.com, kluvkustoms.com, and I think there is another one but not sure.

-Steven-

yea and one of them costs just as much as 2 of the a3000db's. hes on a budget.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

true but if he were on a budget, why by bl's?  Oh, I know he is going to eventually upgrade the motors probably, because a bl that is not fully loaded is just a q w/ the possibility to upgrade. Since the pa3000 is so cheap, when he goes to upgrade it will just be a waste of money, why is someone going to by his used when they can get something so cheap brand new? he can buy pa3000 for 295 or the sundown for 450. sundown has a better warranty, better service and is warranted down to .5 ohm. With the right eletrical system you can get damn near 2000 watts out of it, which is perfect for non-loaded bl's.  Then when he is ready to upgrade his bl's, buy another sundown and run them both at 1 ohm and het 1500 watts/sub or strap them at 2 ohms get damn near 2000/sub again.

Seems to me it would be best to spend the extra 155 for a very capable and universal amp.

But it's not me and I don't care I was just giving my 2 cents

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

it looks like he's on a budget otherwise he most likely wouldve bought the btl's.

Oh, I know he is going to eventually upgrade the motors probably,

you know, probably? wtf is that? you have no idea what this guy is gonna do. and even if you did buy 2 sundownz against 2 pa's, with the money you save on the pa's, you can buy 3 for the price of 2 sundownz. and get damn near 2000 a sub when the pa's actually do put close to 2300. hmmm, ill take the one with more power and is cheaper.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

But it's not me and I don't care I was just giving my 2 cents

So quit getting all ticked about something stupid, I would rather pay more and get more warranty and a better amp (in my opinion). 

The reason why I said he is probably going to upgrade is because if he wasn't he should have just bought a q.  Without the options a bl is just a q, same coils, same everything bro. That is why they have the universal motor option, so you can swap in bigger coils, because without the flatwind coils and cooling option, what makes it different from the q other than the name they call the sub.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

wow, thanx guys, i was just wondering about all of that, then i came to check up on the thread.. wel recentyl i was looking at the sundown amps and was going to ask you guys what your opinions is?? i found this site http://smartass.bz/catalog/product_info.ph...9a1363e6dc6c077 he is local whichmeans no shipping, now i know you guys are talking in US fund, but i am thinking for the cost of shipping and border fees i would be paying the same for either amp...

now about the subs, i am on a budget, and i thought the bls would be the best choice incase i wanted to upgrade down the road, /howvere, i am wondereing now what is best for me, after reading up on them so much i am confused... should i go with a Q, Bl Loaded, Stock BTL, ssd... i have no clue... i didnt originally what the Q because i wantto build a SPL monstor, however it is going nto a dialy drver,....so then i thought the ssd, but then i thought i liked the custom options for the bl and btl... can anyone ehlp me with the sub deal now...

Like I said before to disdatchevyboy, if you want a good system for now and have the upgradability for later, just go with non loaded btls w/ the universal option. To back that up here is a quote from scott at fi:

The UNIVERSAL motor option is a new one that will be added to the BTL series as well. With this option, we machine the motor for a daily pole tolerence plus the gap is machined for the largest OD coil that we use. With this, you can swap in any of the coils designed to be used in the BL motor. Please note that if you do get this option with the stock aluminum round wire coils that you will be giving up some motor strength... but you will have the option to upgrade to a larger flatwind coil at a later date. With out this selection, your motor will be machined for the specific coil chosen... while in some cases this does allow for a certain amount of coil swapping.

That way you can change for upgradablility down the road. The q is fine to go with it will have alil for ugrade, but not as much as the bl w/ universal option.  They are both the same price.

I have a sundown 1500 and 100.4 in my grandprix gtp right now and about top add another 1500 and 100.2, they are being delivered today in fact. The sundowns ae fairly new to the market but they come overly built in my opinion and are very safe amps. The warranty is good to, they warranty .5 ohm load, as long as you have a deep cycle battery per 1500 amp. Here is the page for warranty info on them straight from jacob, owner of sundown:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8146

Also if you are wondering about actual power numbers, here is the results of various test at different impedences:http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8077

So in all that I would say this, get 2 bl's w/ universal option (if you are on a tighter budget, you don't need to go fully loaded just yet, so save your money) and a sundown saz-1500.  Going with these will give you the option of upgrading the subs later and adding another 1500 when the money is there for it.

If you are even considering the power acouistik amp, just remember that it is only rated for 2300 watts @1ohm so it will not sufficient to push 2 bl's that you send in to get upgraded. Here is poweracoustiks page with the a3000bd on it:http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/produc...MP_CLASSABD.htm Even if it is rated for 2300 watts, is it an overrated or underrated amp, I don't know because I couldn't find any tests of it.

It is all a matter of opinion, and youve got mine now so I will let someone else chime in, now. Anything I can do to help just ask.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

im gonna back up dis dat here. id get the pa 3000db. killer amp for the money.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

For you guys it is the better amp for cheap, however for me no local dealer can do chaeper then like 650 per amp, and i can get the sundown for alot cheaper... and if i order in the pa3000, after shipping border fees and taxes when it gets here, i will be payin gthe same if not more then what i would for 2 killer sundown amps... this isnt no respect for you guys, its just a better amp for cost, at least where i live....