Sonic Electronix

would woven tinsel leads prevent them slappin the spider? maybe they should incorporate that into their design in the future...??

Maybee, maybee not,  I honestly dont know, from my experience tinsel lead slap happens when you either over power the sub ALOT, too big of a Box so it plays free air or playing below the tuning of your enclosure.

Are they going to make any changes to the btl 10 and 12?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Im sure the box isn't too big but I know i was playing below the boxes tuning, 33hz. And since meade is runnin a t4000bd, i doubt my t2000bd is too much for it even tho i only got the full cooling option.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

by playing the sub below tuning your risking damaging or popping the sub, when your playing below your tune the woofer doesnt have as much control as it should, which is how you get the tinsel lead slap. 

power is only one factor of the equasion(sp)

I wouldnt personally go lower than then 30hz but thats me,  I dont like to push the limits.

what I explained is my personal opinion and experience, others have gotton away with pushing it more, I guess thats where experience comes into play.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to do an update on this post cause people on other forums that come here have seen this and now think that there may be a problem with tha BTLs. Tha BTLs are great subs, I jus had a defect in mine. Oh yea, I should be gettin my new BTL Monday!

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif