Second Skin Audio

How Do Yall Wire Your Subs

ok so if ur wantin a 1ohm final load and u have 2 d1ohm subs, witch works better, wireing each sub to 2ohm (series) then at the amp parallel 1ohm? , or wire each sub .5ohm (parallel) then series at the amp for 1ohm? and same way with d2's, witch one works more efficent? ive always wired my subs d4's for a 4ohm load, 2ohm each sub (inside box parallel), then wire series amp + to left sub +, left - to right sub +, then - back to amp and equal 4ohm at amp, but ive also heard it wire each sub 8ohms series inside box and parallel to 4ohm at amp, witch works for u? i always thought the lower independace at subs would work better? ive always wondered this and does it yeald any difference at all? or is it basicly the same thing just diff config?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I wire depending on what my plans are and what possible situtations I might come across but I play with my shit alot.

For me its all application dependent. Anything is good as long as you get the rite impedance to your amp or amps.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I don't think it matters because once you get to the final wiring, what ever ohms it is wired to is what ohms your going to get.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

well sence were on wireing subs, well how ppl test amps with "dummy loads" can u wire a dummy load in with subs to get a lower independace? like my amp does 800wrms@2ohm and is 1ohm stable but pushes 1000wrms@1ohm, and subs are single 4ohm, cant i wire a 2ohm dummy load in with the subs and lower it to 1ohm? or does that not work?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I don't feel it would be a good idea at all.

If it was a good idea, don't you think Stinger and veryone else would be marketing a product like that.

No, don't do it, it could turn out to be very dangerous. :exploded resister:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

does one way make it more efficent? i kno how to wire subs just theres a few ways and witch works best for you, do you wire ur subs down then bring the load back up in series, or series the subs then parallel at amp? i like to parallel the subs in box first then series at the amp

Series the coils then parallel the subs. Results in slightly higher motor force if I recall correctly.

And no you can't add dummy loads in. Well you can but it's pointless.

Here's why:

Say you have a 4 ohm SVC sub and an amp that does 100 @ 4 ohms and 180 @ 2 ohms.

So your sub is getting 100 watts.

If you parallel a 4 ohm resistor (dummy load) with the sub, you get a 2 ohm load and 180 watts from the amplifier.

But this 180 watts is split evenly between the sub and the resistor. So your sub gets 90w and your resistor gets 90w and gets really really really hot.

In your case your subs are getting 400w each. If you paralleled them with a 2 ohm resistor then your subs would get 250w each and the resistor would get 500w and probably get so hot it set fire to your car.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

hmm, thankx, ive always parallel'ed then seried at the amp but i was wantin to get rid of my 8000's on down the road sometime and upgrade to somethin else, but i dont kno how much power these subs can handle rms wise, i got em goin good with 400rms to each but ive seen more go to a set of 12's, my buddy ran a 2 sets of mtx 8000 12's off 2 mtx 1501d's and got 145.6 on a audio controle but im not goin for spl i just want to see how much i can feed these on daily music