Weird Sound Coming From Car....?

Guest KyleCannon

Alright guys,

We have taken my dads car into the dealer and they said it was something to do with the intake baffle being loose and it would cost around 500 including labor to get it fixed. Personally, I want more opinions on the matter so I recorded the sound and took video as well to see if anyone thinks something different. I can't quite remember when this problem existed, but i know it was happening when I checked my dads dipstick one day and it was as dry as they get, so could that sound be from the engine when it was starved from oil for a unknown amount of time? Anyways, here are the links and I appreciate any help I can get on this matter.

http://uploadingit.com/files/1029656_fqwp5/Dads%20Car.zip

Alright guys,

We have taken my dads car into the dealer and they said it was something to do with the intake baffle being loose and it would cost around 500 including labor to get it fixed. Personally, I want more opinions on the matter so I recorded the sound and took video as well to see if anyone thinks something different. I can't quite remember when this problem existed, but i know it was happening when I CHECKED MY DAD'S DIPSTICK ONE DAY AND IT WAS DRY AS THEY GET , so could that sound be from the engine when it was starved from oil for a unknown amount of time? Anyways, here are the links and I appreciate any help I can get on this matter.

http://uploadingit.com/files/1029656_fqwp5/Dads%20Car.zip

:01nocomment8so: no oil= bad things

Edited by jmsonoma03
smdsig2.jpg

Guest KyleCannon

Yeah, I apologize for not using YouTube but I cant simply upload the audio file.... I just need an opinion on what's going on with my dads car so he can get it fixed. If it helps, I have a mac so there isn't any viruses on them :)

Good fucking God.

If the oil level is "dry" you should be glad your engine isn't completely seized up right now.

OIL THAT BITCH AND PRIME IT BEFORE RUNNING IT!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest KyleCannon

I already took care of that. The dipstick was dry but there was oil in the oil pan when i drained it to give it an oil change.

Does anyone have ideas of what those sounds can be?

Edited by KyleCannon