New Competiton Format

H.O Audio

I am working on the mic locations now, it will be two different mics in the vehicle at the same time and the two scores will be averaged out to get the score. So for those that might be confused if one mic reading is 145 db and the other mic reads 140 db than your score will be a 142.5. This is to help get rid of systems that are built to be loud in one specific location. And yes music will be the only thing used during the run and the competitor chooses the song

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

sounds good mostly, but 4ohm only is not cool, who runs 4ohm anymore...lol

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Let me clear this up guys since some people are getting confused a little the amps can be 1 ohm, 1/2 ohm, 2 ohms it does not matter but just to be placed in what class you would be running in we are going to be going by the 4 ohm rating. For example if you have a 1000 watt 1 ohm monoblock amp that is rated at 350 watts at 4 ohms you will be in the 251-500 watt class. Hope this clears some things up

www.streetspl.com

Up in the Baltimore MD area I have created something called "Showtime SPL"

I could give you the specifics. It is getting more popular and its really fun. seems to me more interesting of a format than just dB Drag style.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Updated: things are starting to come together for this classes have been changed to actual power classes so that way no cheater amps will matter. So far there is looking like 5 shows already in the works. I have 4 local retailers ready to jump on board with this and info will be posted up on the website pretty soon. the website is www.streetbeatzorg.com and the actual organization name is Street Beatz

www.streetspl.com

what about multiple amps say your running 2 amps per 4 subs or something hows that work in the classes

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

so whats up with the 4 ohms thing? ur subs need to be at 4 ohms? wtf, what do i do lol. 4 15's, wall, 1490wrms@2ohms, 2 batts in rear

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

it doesn't have to be at 4 ohms they just take the amps 4 ohm rating and use that to categorize what class your in so say your amp is 200 at 4 ohms and 400 at 2 ohms you would be in the 200 class even though your shits wired to say .5 or something

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Well the classes are now set and instead of using 4 ohm ratings since there are too many Grey areas I am using rated maximum rms power at the amps lowest rated ohms. That way a 1 ohm 1000 watt amp is still in the same class as a 2 ohm 1000 watt amp. This will also make people see the difference between the swap meet power amp they bought compared to a real rated power amp in the same class and should bring those customers to the retail store instead for their next purchase especially if the retailer explains why his B.S rated amp just lost to the real power rated amp.The classes are more geared to the normal customer more than the bigger powerhouse systems but still allowing big dog systems "that can play music" to compete as well

Two categories for consumers and pro

-Consumer Class

Trunk and Truck/SUV/Hatchback

1-499

-500-999

1000-1499

1500-2500

2501- up

2501-4000 Truck/SUV/Hatchback only

40001- up Truck/SUV/Hatchback only

-Pro class

Trunk and Truck/SUV/Hatchback

1-499

500-999

1000-1999

2000-up

2000-4000 Truck/SUV/Hatchback only

4001-up Truck/SUV/Hatchback only

No wall consumer and pro

open power

Walled consumer and pro

open power

16 volt classes

1-8000

8001-up

as you can see the smaller classes are a lot tighter for power and the large classes are spread out since most organizations have plenty of classes for the big guys we are doing the opposite. It will be 30 seconds of music with two separate mic locations being used at the same time. One mic 3 inches above the dash in the middle of the windshield and the second between the headrest. This will eliminate specific build being loud in one location. The two scores will be averaged for the final score (140 on the dash 130 between the headrest= 135 DB). Also $5 of every entry for all shows will be saved up for a total pot of money to be divided at each state finals to all the 1st place winners of each consumer class and maybe pro classes as well, all depending on total pot amount. Also all classes are 12 volt classes with the exception of the two 16 volt classes with battery limitations for each class. Website will be fully up and running soon www.streetbeatzorg.com any questions regarding this please feel free to ask and thanks for all the good and bad thoughts regarding this.

James Donaghy

Owner

High Output Audio

Smithfield, NC 27577

www.streetspl.com

Archived