Sundown Audio

Straping Amps Help And Db Help

fast85_gt

Yes I think that you would be better off unstrapping the amps and just running one per sub. You will have less impedence rise per amp that way and they will make more power in the long run. If you have them wired at 2 ohms strapped they are more than likely not making the 2 ohm power. The impedence rise is probably over 4 ohms and is making close to half the power that the amps would make at 2 ohms. As far as the 147.5 with 2 18's, I personally think that it should be louder. I have 2 Sundown Nightshade 12's and a Sundown saz1500 per woofer and do a 149.7 on the dash sealed in my car. A lot of things could be playing a part of it not being as loud as you'd like. What kind of vehicle is it in? What kind of electrical do you have? What are the box specs? These are all things that would make a difference in why the score isn't a lot higher. With the equiptment that you have I don't see why you shouldn't be doing low 150's on music. I would say to check to make sure that one of the subs isn't wired out of phase cause that could have a lot to do with your score too.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Yes I think that you would be better off unstrapping the amps and just running one per sub. You will have less impedence rise per amp that way and they will make more power in the long run. If you have them wired at 2 ohms strapped they are more than likely not making the 2 ohm power. The impedence rise is probably over 4 ohms and is making close to half the power that the amps would make at 2 ohms. As far as the 147.5 with 2 18's, I personally think that it should be louder. I have 2 Sundown Nightshade 12's and a Sundown saz1500 per woofer and do a 149.7 on the dash sealed in my car. A lot of things could be playing a part of it not being as loud as you'd like. What kind of vehicle is it in? What kind of electrical do you have? What are the box specs? These are all things that would make a difference in why the score isn't a lot higher. With the equiptment that you have I don't see why you shouldn't be doing low 150's on music. I would say to check to make sure that one of the subs isn't wired out of phase cause that could have a lot to do with your score too.

thanks for your reply im going to unstrap them tommorrow and run one amp per sub but i had 2 12's aswell doing 149.4 and then tested the 18's today and was like wtf but it sounds twice asloud with the 18's just low scores and my hatch is comeing up like 3 inchs in the back but tried to hold it down the best we could but maybe after rewiring the sub and unstrapping the amps you think 155 is possable

IMO i dont think you are gonna gain 7.5 dbs just by rewiring subs and unstrapping the amps. You may gain alittle becasue your impedence rise may not be as high. Can we get some more info on your setup? What type of vehicle box size and tuning?

Edited by Billy1987

2000 Monte Carlo SS

Alpine Cd Player

15" Kove Armegeddon

Memphis 1500d

IMO i dont think you are gonna gain 7.5 dbs just by rewiring subs and unstrapping the amps. You may gain alittle becasue your impedence rise may not be as high. Can we get some more info on your setup? What type of vehicle box size and tuning?

its a 97 ford probe gt hatchback the box was built to treos specs i wens 10cubes before diplacments 100sqin of port and tuned to 32hz and i have a yellow top up front and 2 stinger 2150 in back and i know i need more i will get them later and i have a crx type box subs up port back and they are 2 18" treo ssx subs and 2 rd audio 3250.1 http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/fa...pg?t=1234489006

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/fa...pg?t=1234489046

how was your old setup tuned? with the 2 12s, tuned high? just out of curiosity

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

also try moving the box forward more towards the front seats, i found in my car *hatchback subs up port up* the port should be about half way into the rear window and it sounds ALOT louder to me* havent had it metered yet but try moving the box, should help, especially if its under the trunk lid and not firing off the window

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones