DC Sound Lab

Sketchups Turned Noobtastic's Wall

Quite the opposite Ken!!

I'll be sitting at ~40hz tuning till i can afford more DC cutouts to drop it down to ~32hz :(

-Drew

**on gibbs computer

Edited by Gibbs

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Thanks Caddy! i know you've been following this from the start-

and thanks again to everybody!! keep up the positive feedback its keeping me awake :lazy:

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

This is way to much time, effort, and money to get put into a gamble of a port arrangement :) so lets hope it works

-Drew

Ok please remember im still getting the hang of this ported thing, fukin newbs i swear...So what exactly are you worried about again? Port noise and turbulence cuzz of the "wierd" shape port? Or not even being able to reach a desired tune? They have both been mentioned in the build i just wanted some more in depth info on your concerns and why..

I couldnt tell from the pic, but if that is a multi-axis router can a cnc'd flair be worked out for the DC port?

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

It is not a multi-axis Router, so either a flared bit or a router with a roundover would have to be used to flare.

Two concerns- one is port Turbulence/port noise. This is because as the compression waves flow into the port they have many more edges/corners to conform as opposed to a standard round/square port. The other issues is getting to the tune- in my situation i have to do a CNC cut for every .75" of port depth. I already have so much invested- i cannot afford to cut the other ~8 layers needed to make the port long enough to tune to 32hz where i want. Right now, with 13 layers i'm at about 40hz tuning instead of 32

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Its 4am and I'm going to BED!!!! Got a 3hr drive when I wake up then pick up the woofers and do all my testing before hitting the lanes.

Thanks Ben and rusty for helpin a brother out and giving me the motivation to press through this week and finish everything with plenty of suspense :friends:

Finally home and my stomach is full. Jack in the Crack saves the day. sirloin burger FTMFW! let me know how shit goes today with the build. do a vid if you can since you are probably stay up at Reno. btw, I left my wrist band in your garage, I'll pick it up later.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D