Need Help! Multi Room

well i got a friend who is wanting some help in a multi room set up, he just got his taxes and has set aside 1000 bucks, i might be able to squeeze 1100 out of him but we will say 1000, there are 2 rooms inside he is doing, each he wants 2 speakers in each...so a total of 4 inside, outside he is wanting at least 3, i would like him to do 5 since his porch is large but since price is an issue we will see....im not quite sure what he should do, maybe 1 cd am/fm reciever then a few amps per room? he wants to be able to have them all one at once, or turn 1 on at a time, he isnt wanting SUPER loud, but more of a clean sounding

im fine with getting a mid and tweet then doing some type of small enclosure for them (he is a carpenter so he can handle that) im just not sure what he will need or how to go around doing this for the best way and best quality for what he is looking for. i know that 1000 bucks of a budget isnt all that much for something like this but im sure if anyone can help me you on smd can...please post up links and ill post up pictures as it gets ordered and finished

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

would a regular cd player/am/fm player type thing work and run the audio cables to each of the 3 like 2 or 4 channel amps? and just control each's volume? that would suck having to do 1 if he wanted them all on, id rather have one main volume control with like a channel splitter type

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

look for a Rotel 6 channel amp on ebay.

they can be found pretty cheap on ebay, i use one everyday, pretty decent, clean power.

then fine either a receiver with preamp outputs, find a rotel pre amp/processor, and a cd player(or whatever he's wanting to use).

then get 3 sets of JBL Control 1 speakers, or more those amps can handle 4 ohms i know and probably 2 ohms per channel.

they sound great, dont need a whole lot of power, and have a very small footprint.

edit:

something like this is really all you'd need for a preamp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rotel-RC-980BX-Stereo-...93%3A2|294%3A50

you could actually use this as the amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rotel-RB-1090-Power-Am...93%3A2|294%3A50

the speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Control-1-Studio-M...93%3A1|294%3A50

cheap and they sound great, if he's looking for a bunch of bass these arent for him, but you said clean.

edit2:

the amp i was looking for, the 6 channel we have, has individual gain pots for each set of channels, so you could turn one set or 2 sets off if you needed.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

so the first link you posted woud be a good "recieve type" i suppose so something like that, but seeing as many of the smaller amps have there own individual volume, how would he go about doing that ? turn the other 2 or 3 (smaller amps) to a set volume then have the big one control it, i just know having to turn each individual one's volume each time he wants them all one will be annoying

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived