In the past two months I've fixed 6 RROD xboxs... all still up and running today.

Most of the articles/videos will tell you to overheat the xbox to get the broken solder leads to melt back together... this works sometimes and with my experience only last a week or so. I started using the same heatgun that I use for tinting windows... set it to 750F and go over both sides by the GPU and CPU for 5-7minutes on both sides... works great... do the x-clamp fix after that with nylon washers placed on the motherboard side and regular washers on the heatsink and screw sides... total in parts is usually about $5.00. When doing these repairs it is CRUCIAL that you get all the old thermal pad off... rubbing alcohol and a razor blade is what i use... razor blade to scrape the heatsink... DO NOT USE THE RAZOR ON THE CHIP!!!

Been going great for me and the $60 a pop I've been charging to fix added up quick :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

In the past two months I've fixed 6 RROD xboxs... all still up and running today.

Most of the articles/videos will tell you to overheat the xbox to get the broken solder leads to melt back together... this works sometimes and with my experience only last a week or so. I started using the same heatgun that I use for tinting windows... set it to 750F and go over both sides by the GPU and CPU for 5-7minutes on both sides... works great... do the x-clamp fix after that with nylon washers placed on the motherboard side and regular washers on the heatsink and screw sides... total in parts is usually about $5.00. When doing these repairs it is CRUCIAL that you get all the old thermal pad off... rubbing alcohol and a razor blade is what i use... razor blade to scrape the heatsink... DO NOT USE THE RAZOR ON THE CHIP!!!

Been going great for me and the $60 a pop I've been charging to fix added up quick :)

Nice. I just used some q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol to get the old thermal paste off. I used the method of overheating the box. It did seem a bit inconsistent. One time the fix did last over a year. Then I took a break from COD4 for two weeks, turned it on and bam 3 red rings. Finally got sick of it so I just broke down and bought a new box. It was great having one that I kept alive for 3 years while I had a friend go through 4 of them.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

see i can fix mine myself as well, but why should i have to? A company this large should just get it done right and be done with it.

Microsoft screwed up pretty bad. For me, I thought I was SOL when they didn't have the 3 year warranty or whatever it is now. They wanted $150 before the issue really blew up in their face and were forced to change the warranty. No way in hell I was going to pay that. Probably should of gotten the Best Buy warranty when I first bought it.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

hell ive had 2 reh and an elite RROD on me all before a year each. never sitting on carpet, totally out in the open, and i dont ewven play xbox very often ( once a week if that maybe)

That's pretty brutal. I don't think I know anyone personally with a 360 that hasn't gotten the RROD. I've been debating on taking a sledgehammer to my old busted 360. :D

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

My elite red ringed on me last monday. I bought some artic silver grease, screws, nylon and steel washers. Been fine since.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU