Sundown Audio

Jl Vs Sundown

heath

Which amplifier would you choose? The application would be to drive a two sets of 6.5" components down to a 2ohm load. I am looking for both SQ and Output.

JL300.4V2

Sundown 100.4D

Overall, where would you rank Sundown compared to all other manufacturers. What other brands compare well. Trying to figure out the price/value relationship relative to others.

while the JL is a awesome amp, the sundown will have more oputput due to being alot more power then the JL at 2ohm.

i liked my 300/4 more then my 100.4 but for what your asking the sundown is a better amp

I think for if your wanting the sq I would go with JL, the sundown audio amps are nice but the JL amp is better quality for sq.

Our amps are very capable in SQ. We had a world title in MECA last season - Dave Edwards, the marketing director @ Hybrid Audio. He will have seven 100.2s this year ;)

It's been a slow start in SQ as people know us for SPL but our amps do very well on that side too :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Our amps are very capable in SQ. We had a world title in MECA last season - Dave Edwards, the marketing director @ Hybrid Audio. He will have seven 100.2s this year ;)

It's been a slow start in SQ as people know us for SPL but our amps do very well on that side too :)

question...your site has two different THD ratings. at the top it says .05% and further down it says <.1%.

i understand that the second means less than .1%, but why state it one way and then different further down the page.

i wish i would have looked closer to your page a while back when i was thinking of going with sundown. Might still one day now that i know this.

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

Must have missed that in the manual printing when proof reading - regardless, the THD is very low and the amps sound quite good.

I don't think the Marketing Director @ Hybrid would be using them and winning SQ titles otherwise :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Must have missed that in the manual printing when proof reading - regardless, the THD is very low and the amps sound quite good.

I don't think the Marketing Director @ Hybrid would be using them and winning SQ titles otherwise :)

exactly! i will keep you in mind when i change it out sometime soon!

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P