Sundown Audio

Jl Vs Sundown

heath

Must have missed that in the manual printing when proof reading - regardless, the THD is very low and the amps sound quite good.

I don't think the Marketing Director @ Hybrid would be using them and winning SQ titles otherwise :)

honestly you know as well as i thats mostly know how rather then equipment. theres people out there winning SQ comps with kicker equipment and thats not exactly the cleanest equipment out there.

As i stated before the sundowns going to give you more power then the JL, as for being cleaner, thqats yet to be determined imo.

If price isnt so much of an Issue get an Audison (LRX or VRX) and call it a day

people are always complaining about JL being expensive but the stuff is nice, let the flaming begin if you will. I just honestly after owning both on a non biased platform dont see the sundown as a "much cleaner" amplification source.

on another note were talking about SQ, and the user doesnt even wanna run either amp at 4ohms, the resistance that would render the cleanest sound anyhow.

i'll get sundown for the customer service.

i don't have any experience with the jl 4 channel

but i have a sundown 50.4 and 100.2

and i really like it.

I'm willing to put the SAX amps up against anything of similar power out there - I have good feedback from them world-wide so I am quite confident in them. I've had people swap over from some of the "esoteric high end" amps and be quite pleased... in the USA I had a customer with unlimited budget pull out his Audison gear for some SAX and SAZ amps in his car after he bought some for his wife's car... in Israel we had a customer swap over from a Genesis dual mono to an SAX-100.2 and not look back. I hear things like that all the time.

Basically... what I am trying to say is the SAX amps are right up there with the best in clean output in their power range.

Not that JL doesn't make a fine product too - they do, and I've always said that they do.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

i liked my 100.2 alot, the 100.4 was cool also i just liked my 100.2 more for my applications. great amps all around.

its just real hard to place them anywhere between other manufactures as youll be hard pressed to find "deals" on some of the best stuff out there

*shrugs*

I'm willing to put the SAX amps up against anything of similar power out there - I have good feedback from them world-wide so I am quite confident in them. I've had people swap over from some of the "esoteric high end" amps and be quite pleased... in the USA I had a customer with unlimited budget pull out his Audison gear for some SAX and SAZ amps in his car after he bought some for his wife's car... in Israel we had a customer swap over from a Genesis dual mono to an SAX-100.2 and not look back. I hear things like that all the time.

Basically... what I am trying to say is the SAX amps are right up there with the best in clean output in their power range.

Not that JL doesn't make a fine product too - they do, and I've always said that they do.

pretty much seems like personal preference to me not anything concrete for anyone to go by, but then again this whole hobby is personal preference.

this is not excluding my findings.

imo best bet as always is to get some time with the stuff then make your choice, talking to others can only go so far when it somes to what sounds good to you.

Edited by James

I have used both companies amps and I have to say both are good. Sundown wins imo in value but JL isnt JL for no reason. I was going to go JL in my ride but I chose sundown instead due to a feeling of better value for my dollar. I also chose them because I like the exterior design. Also I dont think I could get better customer service, but thats also my opinion.

Regardless like stated whichever way you choose I'm sure you will be happy.

Also IMO unless this is gonna be a serious no nonsense SQ build, I doubt you will tell a major difference.

2015 Chevy Sonic

CTX65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5" front

CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" rear

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4
Sundown SAE-600D

Sundown SD3-10

In the last 3 years that I had a system installed, I changed my mid and tweet amp out 4 times. I do try and run any EQ's as close to flat as I can with all my setups.

1st Rockford Punch DSM200ix- Decent amount of output but suffered from haveing a high distortion level and lacked produceing midbassvery well.

2nd 97 Rockford Punch 225.2- Decent amount of output and they had fixed the distortion issue. Rite off the batt this amp sounded cleaner but I still had an issue with lack of midbass.

4th amp was the Sundown SAX-100.2 when I dropped it in, I noticed a huge change. The top end was soft and my mids started to reproduce midbass by a very notisable volume difference. I really liked it compared to my other amps. I consider the amp to put out a very warm sound and enjoy it quite well.

3rd was a Kicker ZR360 and very well known for sound quaility. I moved it to last because this amp was only dropped in and out many times over the 3 year period and never stayed in any longer than a week at a time.

I can't compare the ZR360 to any of the other amps because it is highly under rated and produces far more power than the other amps do in the real world and also why I never left it in long, because it was just too loud.

This amp also produced midbass very well.

I never got the chance to check out the JL Audio stuff so I can't give a good comment on them.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png