DAMN this thread is giving me goose bumps...

im hoping for you that you can crack the 147ish dB mark..i cant wait until i get another maxima...

EDIT: I just looked in my Knukonceptz box and i didnt have a t-shirt! :( o'well prolly wont have fit me any way...

Hehehe, Yea, I was at the grocery store and the dude from Knu called me up to ask me something about my speaker wire order and said I had ordered enough stuff to qualify for a t-shirt. Small and large are the sized he had. Man, that 8 gauge karma kable is huge, its about the same size as 1/0 power cable with the insulation. Should look awesome.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Hehehe, Yea, I was at the grocery store and the dude from Knu called me up to ask me something about my speaker wire order and said I had ordered enough stuff to qualify for a t-shirt. Small and large are the sized he had. Man, that 8 gauge karma kable is huge, its about the same size as 1/0 power cable with the insulation. Should look awesome.

I bet it is..i used karma 10awg for my subs and that ish was thick..i can only image 8awg..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Made some more progress on the kicks...

Got 4 layers of 1.5oz mat on them now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spread on some Everglass. I'll sand them tomorrow after they cure overnight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also got some new goodies from McMaster Carr.

3/8" x 1 1/2" Copper Bars

Posted Image

5/16" Brass Threaded Rod, Brass nuts and washers for the speaker wires on the sub box.

Posted Image

97 Maxima SE

Ok, these are coming out better than I imagined. I'm going to apply some rage extreme next, sand that down and see how they look. After that I might just be ready to wrap them with some felt. They fit perfectly in the car. Drove around with them today and they are not loose at all. The factory clips are holding them very tight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So what are your honest opinions? First time fiberglassing, I'm happy with them so far. Not done yet, but still, happy with the progress.

97 Maxima SE

Man thats nice!!!! and props on your first fiberglassing!!!! i want to do something similar to your pods on my 97 maxima also!!!!

Thanks. Best advice I can give is buy quality stuff, I used uscomposites, and just dive right in. The hardest part is starting. Once you get past that, its just making progress until you get your final result.

97 Maxima SE

• 2 weeks later...

hey bud, I have a good buddy of mine that lives about 10min from you, would you mind giving him a demo some time? I doubt he has ever heard anything of quality, like what we do on these forums. He has THE EXACT same car as you, and i'm trying to talk him into using 1 18" FI Q, but he seems stuck with 2 10's. If you have a chance 1 day, you both need to meet up and shoot the shit! Im in ATL, so I'm just trying to set this up for him.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

hey bud, I have a good buddy of mine that lives about 10min from you, would you mind giving him a demo some time? I doubt he has ever heard anything of quality, like what we do on these forums. He has THE EXACT same car as you, and i'm trying to talk him into using 1 18" FI Q, but he seems stuck with 2 10's. If you have a chance 1 day, you both need to meet up and shoot the shit! Im in ATL, so I'm just trying to set this up for him.

When I ever finish this, I wouldn't mind at all. I actually got a little done today, been so busy with the new job and all. Got one of my front buss bars made, need to do the other one. Then make the ones for the back bats. No pics yet, when they are done.

97 Maxima SE

Archived