Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

hmm not enough love yet....

u are the reason im going to buy a focus zx3

so shut up, ur loud as shit, and likely scare anyone you play ur shit at full tilt too

be proud... badass install... just try and purty up the box once you figure out the permanent configuration of the subs/ports... maybe paint it the same blue color as the car... thatd be cool

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hmm not enough love yet....

u are the reason im going to buy a focus zx3

so shut up, ur loud as shit, and likely scare anyone you play ur shit at full tilt too

be proud... badass install... just try and purty up the box once you figure out the permanent configuration of the subs/ports... maybe paint it the same blue color as the car... thatd be cool

You gave me all the love that I could ask for decaf. I do want to paint the box when I'm completely finished. The next box that I build will be the exact same thing with 8 4" aeros instead of 6. I have these badass port plugs so I can plug as many as I want to drop the tuning of the box down to where I want to play at.

The new box will be as slick as glass and painted with a high gloss finish so it looks like the outside of the car. It will also give better air flow over the exterior and I'm hoping that will help for spl. I'm going to do 2 layers on the face again, but this time I think that I'm going to countersink the subs instead of just doubling the layers up and throwing the subs on top of it.

Maybe send that combo my way and see if I have similar results.

Chris, I've been playing around with my port plugs yesterday and today and they seem to drop the freq's down right where your asking about. Are you planning on any shows this year? If so I may drive up to the Ohio area and meet up with you sometime. I know that you'll be at Draggin Detroit, but that's kinda far for me now. I may try to make it if there's another show in Ohio or Michigan that weekend too.

gratz on the new record zach :)

Thanks Brian. You know something about gettin loud off little power too. What was it something like a 148 or so in your caddy off of a 4 channel American Bass amp? That's just crazy!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Chris, I've been playing around with my port plugs yesterday and today and they seem to drop the freq's down right where your asking about. Are you planning on any shows this year? If so I may drive up to the Ohio area and meet up with you sometime. I know that you'll be at Draggin Detroit, but that's kinda far for me now. I may try to make it if there's another show in Ohio or Michigan that weekend too.

Cool.

Since I have a job now, I'll try to do as many shows as possible.

I'm willing to travel about as far as Findlay if there are any shows around there.

I'm talking with Ken right now and having some subs built for me for a hell of a price.

He said they were similar to Nightshades, but much cheaper.

All I know is, this 143.8 is bullshit, and I need real subs.

hands down this is a badass build i mean especially out of a focus...god thats gotta wreck that car..anyway badass man!!!!!

I may try to take some vids with my celly to show how bad the windshield flex is with the tunning freq dropped down to 30hz with the port plugs in. My digital camera won't let me upload the vids to my computer for some odd reason so the quality may suck on the cell phone. If I have some time later on today I'll throw some up.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

• 2 months later...

Small update for you guys here that have been following the build. The saz1500d's are no longer the amps being used to power the ZX3. I now have a pair of Sundown saz2000d's in the car. There is quite a noticable difference between the amps now and the car is much louder without the gains set yet. I just threw them in today while at the Sundown compound and gave a demo to Jake and Brandon.

I'll have numbers soon when I get on a TL to let you guys know the exact increase of adding the 2000's over the 1500's. If I had to guess I'd say anywhere from .5-1db for sure and anymore would be great.

I also have a few spl boxes that I'm going to be testing in the car to try to add to my NSPL world record with. I've beat my highest current record with a 151.3 but was not recorded at the show I was at because I decided not to run the class.

I will also have some updates on the frontstage that I'm working on that will have a pair of 4" comps in my a pillars, or possibly in kick panels. I have the pillars done to the body filling part but I may not use them if I don't like how they come out. If they don't look right or I just don't like them I'm going to just buy a pair of the q logic kicks and throw in the car. Hopefully I'll win some of that badass Second Skin too and I'll have a log of it here for you guys to check out too.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived