Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

I got another question for anyone out there that has a good answer. For spl which side should I have the box closer to, the driver's or passenger side? I have to put the D3100 on one side or the other and the box won't be centered. In the pic on the first page you can see that I have the D3100 pushed to the passenger side and the box was closer to the driver's side. I was thinking about moving the D3100 to the driver's side and having the box pushed up against the passenger side. It will save me some 0 guage if I redo the D3100 on the driver's side.

Here is the pic I was talking about. I just want to move the battery to the driver side. Will it help or hurt me for spl?

Posted Image

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

hard to tell the numbers, just cuz the fact that you made a new box. coulda helped, coulda hurt

i was going to say mount the amp to the seats, unless you're careful of how you mount it to the box. even the tiniest vibrations over time can cause some drama.

Thanks for the suggestions. Here is the dilema though. If I mount the amps on the seats they will still rest against the box and take some of the vibrations. If I mount them against the box the same will happen. I'm kinda leaning towards the box cause it's easier to mount stuff to and I can also put my distrobution blocks on there with no issues. I had both of the 1500's mounted to the seats when I first got them and the seats kept falling foward when I would make a stop because of the weight of the amps forcing them foward. I think I'll go with the box for now.

I should have some more progress pics tonight if anyone's ready for those?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Looking good. That thing is going to sound mean.

Team Carlisle Acoustics - Team Sundown Audio

2010 MECA DB3 World Champ 127.2

2010 MECA DB3 KY State Record 127.3

2009 February MECA Member of the Month

2008 MECA DB2 World Champ 131.9db

2008 MECA DB2 KY State Record 129.1

2008 MECA Neighborhood Nuisance

2007 MECA AS2 KY State Record 144.2

I'm kinda leaning towards the box cause it's easier to mount stuff to and I can also put my distrobution blocks on there with no issues.

I should have some more progress pics tonight if anyone's ready for those?

can you add another 3/4 mdf to the side of the box that the amps mount on.... that will likely cure most of the low end vibrations....... and try mounting the amp using rubber washers below the mounting tab and above.... that should help some too... did for me at least with my little re 12.1

to be honest, im looking for a new car and seriously considering a focus zx3 (01-05 i think i can afford) because of the simplicity of install and that i can still put a baby seat in the back.... and that it can be loud as fawk per ur install!

lookin forward to seeing the progress

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Thanks Decaf. I think that I may be able to work something out with the rubber washers or even some mdf too. I'm kinda running out of space since the box is so deep so I don't know if another 3/4" will be too much or not. I'll get something going on it.

The ZX3 can get very loud. I think that I could have made the 12's that I had much louder, but I wanted to get some bigboy subs here :) I think that it's pretty easy to do 140's in this car and I could probably do so with a single 10" woofer. Good luck on whatever you go with, but if you get a Focus make sure it's the ZX3 not the ZX5.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived