Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

Way to not be at the US Audio show you focker!!!

I was too busy making this thing loud!!! You know something you may wanna try some day :P I really wanted to go, but Saturday was the only day that my team and I could get together and work on the rides. It paid off cause I gained quite a bit of spl with a few simple tricks. 2X4's are your friend :)

Anyway I'll be in Carlisle for either the show in May and if not that one I'll be there in August for sure. It's about the same exact distance from me as Glen Burnie.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

So I'm back from the 3X NSPL event with a first place and a new world record in car 1801-3600 watts. I broke my old world record so it's not like I was taking it from anyone. The number that I did today was down .4 db from what I've done in testing but it was 93 degrees and 100% humidity here in NC today and that definately affects the spl.

So who would like to know what my world record score was? I'll tell you this I didn't even make the full 3600 watts allowed in the class, I only made 3324 watts and could have gone up to 3600.

Any guesses on what it did?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

____ tease!

are you a proud 151.x record holder?

Why yes I am. To be exact it was a 151.1 at 43hz. I've done very consistant 151.5's and even seen as high as a 151.7 out of it under 60 degrees outside, but today the heat and probably difference in term labs made the score show up lower.

The unofficial kick score in the car is a 153.4 at 43hz.

The 151.1 is done on the dash sealed just like in Db Drag, so it's not some outrageous claim of a 150+ in the kick like some people say.

My next goal is a 152 and should be done easily within the next few weeks.

I also gave a few demo's today to Derrick824 and Team Sundown's Charles here from the forum and I would say that each of them were impressed with the way the car performed. Derrick agreed that the car sounds much louder and is probably down on the meter due to some of it being the extreme heat.

Any feedback?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Damn man that is one helluva build, I can't wait to be in that 150dB club

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

holy shit congrats. You best be at the upcoming May Carlise show them. No excuses hahah.

Yeah about the one in May. It's on the 9th right? If so there's also a 3X NSPL night show in High Point NC, which is 15 minutes from my house opposed to 6 hours so I'll probably just stay home and defend the title and hopefully break it with an even higher score then before. I will put my guarantee on being in Carlisle for the All Truck show in August.

By the way thanks for the gratz. This bitch does some pretty nice http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Damn man that is one helluva build, I can't wait to be in that 150dB club

Thanks, I bet now that people are seeing how loud the combination of subs back and port up is there may be some more builds like that popping up.

We actually stumbled onto it by accident. It's just one of those things where you try flipping the box several different ways to see what works and this actually happened to be one of them and the loudest.

Allthough he never comes to this site I'd still like to say thanks to my team captain Steve Sears and also to the rest of Team High X-Cursion. Without them my car wouldn't be this loud.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Thanks, I bet now that people are seeing how loud the combination of subs back and port up is there may be some more builds like that popping up.

We actually stumbled onto it by accident. It's just one of those things where you try flipping the box several different ways to see what works and this actually happened to be one of them and the loudest.

Allthough he never comes to this site I'd still like to say thanks to my team captain Steve Sears and also to the rest of Team High X-Cursion. Without them my car wouldn't be this loud.

Congrats !!!

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Archived