Headunit, Fiberglassing From 1-din To 2-din

Herrie_V

Today i went to my garage to order a top piece of my dashboard.

Reason i did that is that i want to integrate a 2-din pioneer nav touchscreen on the stoch radio location.

I looked for a flipout hu, but 1: they are more exspensive than 2-din, and 2: a 2-din looks more elegant imo.

Dont expect this is finished very soon, im a busy guy :)

This is a pic of the original dash of my van:

radio1-din.jpg

What im planned to do is im goin to fg the new dashboard piece i ordered to fit a 2 -din headunit and then just replace :)

If i sell the van or something, i just put the original piece back, smart thinking? lol

This is how it supposed to be (or something like this) when its ready:

radio2-din.jpg

This gonna be the first time fiberglassing for me, on a car.... did some surfboard repairs with my dad 15 years ago haha.

What you think?

itll look ill

get the pioneer double din cage mounting kit (part number adt-va133), and use those brackets and stuff to mount it, then just fiberglass a trim ring of sorts and you're set. basically either get the cage mounted in the removable part of the dash, if it's strong enough to support it, or to whatever is in there already in a way that the removable piece can slide over.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i think itll look hot but those vent behind it might be hard to work with.

The vents are always closed now, so i lose them.

itll look ill

get the pioneer double din cage mounting kit (part number adt-va133), and use those brackets and stuff to mount it, then just fiberglass a trim ring of sorts and you're set. basically either get the cage mounted in the removable part of the dash, if it's strong enough to support it, or to whatever is in there already in a way that the removable piece can slide over.

It look ill yeah, but ii got no other option...

I am planning to get the mounting kit like u said.

The dashboard piece is strong enough to cut a hole in and to hold the fg.

Thx for your input.

It'll be a fun project for you, but before you even think about starting do your research on fiberglassing with plastic and you'll do fine.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived