Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

looks good, except one thing. imagine a line going down the middle of that box in the pic, from top to bottom. you have a 5.5" wide port. each chamber is going to act independently, so technically each 'box' has a 2.75" wide port. and since this is the case, where the port bends and follows along the back of the port, that should not be 5.5", but 2.75". the port just becomes 5.5" because it's being shared. follow what i'm sayin?

looks good, except one thing. imagine a line going down the middle of that box in the pic, from top to bottom. you have a 5.5" wide port. each chamber is going to act independently, so technically each 'box' has a 2.75" wide port. and since this is the case, where the port bends and follows along the back of the port, that should not be 5.5", but 2.75". the port just becomes 5.5" because it's being shared. follow what i'm sayin?

100% understand,

Thanks for the help.

time to make some sawdust!

just one port? just put 1 in the "# of ports" box, then put 4 inches in for diameter. then length is 9". you want the port to be at least the same distance as the diameter from the back of the box

so if the diameter is about 4 inches, it should be about 4 inches from the wall of the box? and what if i put the port, say more or less than 4 inches from the back of the box?

what would i put for woofer displacement?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn this.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

more than 4" is ok, less than 4" pinches the air more or less into the port and won't allow the port to fully function to its potential. .25 or maybe even .5" may not make an audible difference, but if you get 2" away from the back of the box then there starts to be issues

Common Port Walls, should that always be set as 1 or only if there is a bend in the slot port? How about when the port don't have a bend, but just about goes to the other side. Set it as 0?

Baffle Thickness, When i go from .75 to 1" the volume don't change, Why is this? Baffle is not included in the Gross volume?

Net volume, Is this the volume i should be looking at for recommended Subwoofer Cubic Feet?

zZZzzz.....Snooze!

baffle thickness doesnt change because its not inside the box. i bet your tuning frequency changes slightly. if the port bends you now have two common port walls. and yes on the net

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

baffle thickness doesnt change because its not inside the box. i bet your tuning frequency changes slightly. if the port bends you now have two common port walls. and yes on the net

So My 16" by 16" by 21" box don't include the Baffle Thickness at all? It would make more sense if it did like one of the older versions of Box Tuning Calculator. But it's all good, I'll just factor in the Thickness of the Baffle so it will come up to the size that it should be, So is that the right way?

Archived