Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

hehe.

what was your plan for removing it?

sorry if I didnt previously read it in all the reviews

personally I think the port area per foot serves the same purpose since it tells you how many sq inches your at per cube.

Its your call, maybe people should just read more like me?? hahahaha

The 12-16 per cube was nice, but was also thinking if there was any way to modify that so you can select a woofer type. Maybe something for woofers with less excursion that only get 8-11.99 sq inches per cube. Something more for your mainstream brands with smaller surrounds, than the 12-16 for your woofers with huge widerolls and eroms surrounds that moving 30mm 1way is typical for.

the whole cm and mm conversion was a great touch!! Theres been a few guys overseas that Ive recommend this too, and they constantly where bi*ching about converting numbers. LOL

thanks! that was the main update, but then i kept thinking of other things to put in. that was hard debugging too lol. it seemed that people were using the 12-16 as a guide instead a rule of thumb. so if it was less than 12 or more than 16 than it had too little/too much port area. but now it looks like it's even worse lol.

PM me with your idea of woofer types and such. i could put in a box where you enter in your xmax and it gives a port area range for that amount if that would work for what you're thinking

That port area range on the previous version calc helped guide me. Since my Xmax is only 22mm, I went to the low side, but it was nice having it automatically correct it as I played with the dimensions of the box.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

That port area range on the previous version calc helped guide me. Since my Xmax is only 22mm, I went to the low side, but it was nice having it automatically correct it as I played with the dimensions of the box.

yea, kinda my thinking on it, since a lot of your kickers, alpines, rfs, and other such woofers have a lower xmax, going the full 12+sq inches of port may cause to big of problems with unloading to easily and trashing subs. Where as your dd, dc, fi, aa, sa, ssa, etc all have higher xmax and can handle the larger ports.

Torres, Ill try to think of an idea to best do it.

Maybe something with a simple drop down box that says Xmax more than 20mm Yes/No (yes being defaulted). If you select yes it does the 12-16, you select no it does a smaller range.

Ill try to go thru a bunch of brands and check specs to try and find a cut off number, because I know even on some of the lower end Fis they are 10mm less xmax than the top models.

Based on my REs having a 22 Xmax, I'd make the cutoff 25 or more. But that's just one man's very, very novice opinion.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

me and brian (i hope he helps anyways lol) are gonna try to work something out for the xmax/port range that should be a little better than just the generic 12-16 sq inch port thing. won't be hard to add in, should be able to get it done in a night then i'll upload that version

Hey Torres. Not sure if this has been mentioned or not earlier. But I work with metric here in NZ so having the CM/MM feature is fricken amazing and I thank you so much for that. but any chance of a feature that when I enter all the box specs in CM like I would have in drawings on paper, I could then click the FT button and it converts it all to feet, (my box is 1200mm long, so if I press FT it changes it to 1200ft long lol) Just so that its easier to compare with majority of other box designs that are in FT?

Just an idea, and i know you get a lot of them. but over all this is a fucking amazing program and love using it, makes thinking up ideas so easy when you dont have to do math :P

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

thanks for the compliments :D and that is definitely a new suggestion. i would have to look into that and see how it's done. initially...i don't think it'd be too hard to do. if i can slip it in, i'll update that along with the previous one i'm gonna put back in

Archived