Sundown Audio

My Kenwood Amp Gets Hot =/

Jeep03

you gonna add another battery?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Im not going to install another battery i got a duralast battery that puts out 1000 watts. Wish i could have gone with the optima but oh well.. And the alt is fine for me its pushing 136 amps and you need 131 for 1000 watts. But then again most of that amps is going to arcon/lights/radio and what not.. so yea.. might have to go witth the 160. Grrr.. but yea right now need to focus on getting my amp cooled while haveing the power. Im just thinking about staying all day at home instead of going to school tomorrow. fk man.. can decide yet.. ill just go for half the day then leave. as always..

yea well im off to bed. If anyone has any ideas post em here. Ima have to sleep on this and gotta start wireing early. I will keep yall updated peace ;) thanks guys

I have a kenwood mono block laying around somewhere, Used it for quite awhile .I never had trouble with it.

Anyway, If you are having heating issues the last thing I would do to fix it is bridge a two channel that is rated at 4 ohms bridged to 2 ohms...

General Features

• CEA Rated: 170W X 2 (1.0% THD+N) (4Ohm/2Ch)

• 250 Watts x 2 (2 ohm)/500 Watts x 1 (4 Ohm Bridged)

That amp will not perform to your expectations ever! Not because its junk or anything but its not a good match for 2 12" subs. Take it out sell it for $75.00 and put that money towards one of these:

Kenwood KAC-9103D @ 170.00

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8515_K...+KAC-9103D.html

Hifonics TXi 1508D @ 200.00

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9552_H...+TXi+1508D.html

you need about 400watts each for those subs to really perform right now you are getting less than 200 watts each and in turn your turning your amplifier and bass settings higher causing the amp to work harder and in turn overheat.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived