Sundown Audio

problems with hifonics bxi1206d

andym85

having some difficulty with the amp that we installed in my buddies truck. with certain songs it kicks into protect quite easily and im not sure why. i have played and played with the gains and cant seem to get it right. could the prevolt outputs on the headunit not be powerfull enough? i mean, u can match the prevolt outputs on the headunit to the amp...you can adjust the voltage on the amp from .2V to 9V. with the prevolts turned about 1/4 of the way up and the gains set from about 1/2 to 3/4 the way up, it cuts out. i know its getting plenty of power, so i thought it might be the prevolts from the headunit not being strong enough, or the amp is just complete poo with certain songs...any suggestions? i dont have access to a dmm so i cant really test anything nor would i know how...lol...so we are doin this all by ear and feel...any help would be awesome!!!

i likes me some audio stuff...

a switch on the side, i know my clarion can play with subs wired to one ohm but when i turn it up it shits out on me, so there is a switch with 1ohm/or 2ohm-4ohm, and if i switch it to the 1ohm option it plays fine, i dunno i am just thinking of what could possibly be wrong... i know hifonics was underrated but i thought they did ok at 1ohm stable/....

make sure your gains are set properly, seems like its too high..my friend messed with my gains once tryin to be a pro..and i had the similar problem that you're having..the amp would go into protect on a heavy bass note..that was at 2ohms..but that's besides the point..once u connect the subs and the amp sees a 1ohm load..make sure your gains are set properly or you're gonna have the same prob..

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

yeh my hifonics brutus bx1500d kept doing the same thing. i first i upgraded my rcas from com cheap ones i had to some good quality stinger ones. after a while that helped and then the problem started again. so i turned the gains down a lil bit(below 1/4) and that solved the probelm. see i'm running an audiocontrol 3.1 and that has plenty of output volts. hope you fix the problem but i gurantee you have the gains up too high so cut the bass boost up and the gain down.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module