Pioneers Must Hate Sundown

Ok Iv heard rumors about pioneer decks being very picky with amps. Iv pioneer for ever now and have had nothing but rca problems with them. Work great for a month or two and then start hissing. My deh-3900 has to go in for warranty now so I upgraded to a avh-4000dvd and it starts making a small buzz rite off the bat. So I sent it back and now IM trading it out for some mb quart discus comps and another single din.

My question is are the kenwood exceleon decks even comparable to an alpine for pioneer or eclipse.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Ok Iv heard rumors about pioneer decks being very picky with amps. Iv pioneer for ever now and have had nothing but rca problems with them. Work great for a month or two and then start hissing. My deh-3900 has to go in for warranty now so I upgraded to a avh-4000dvd and it starts making a small buzz rite off the bat. So I sent it back and now IM trading it out for some mb quart discus comps and another single din.

My question is are the kenwood exceleon decks even comparable to an alpine for pioneer or eclipse.

I've heard Sundown amps are picky with RCA's, as in that certain RCAs work well but many do make noise.

Jacob & Brandon from Sundown Audio have had really bad luck with Kenwood head units. I'm a Clarion guy myself & my brother loves Alpine. We've never had an issue with either brand regardless of which model unit was used. When I first bought my Explorer it had a Pioneer head unit in it and it had aweful engine noise. I swapped to my Clarion and it all went away.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Ima looki nto some clarions then. The fact that the avh-4000dvd is a great head unit at a killer price is all null and void when it doesnt play music over my maps worth a shit.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

I've heard Sundown amps are picky with RCA's, as in that certain RCAs work well but many do make noise.

The Class-D amps with the "fancy" RCA jacks sometimes are picky with RCAs as the "high end" RCA cables often don't seem to make good contact with the inside of the plug. A cheap RCA cable like a Schosche EFX always works great.

The multi-channels have "regular" connectors and are not picky with RCAs.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

when i was running my sundowns 1500d and 100.4 i had no problems using knu cables on them at all, sounded great...when i changed over to my audison rca's i got all kinda of noise. Same pioneer HU through the whole process, i just ripped the audison back out til i was done running the sundowns.