Second Skin Audio

S10 Box Help

i just built a slot ported box side firing for my ext cab s10, i have 2 RE 10" (re series) 300rms subs. now the box i have no is tuned to 36hz, and my buddy that does comps said he can build me a box and tune it high in low 40's and said it would be a lot better. but i want it loud but want it to sound good, and not just a bunch of air and noise. i like the loud low bass. what are your oppinons on what i should do? or i just sell all this and buy a single 10 or 12 se series at 600rms and get a box made? i listen to everything from metal to rap to trance music.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

for a good sound quality dont tune any higher. lower would even be better.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

i just built a slot ported box side firing for my ext cab s10, i have 2 RE 10" (re series) 300rms subs. now the box i have no is tuned to 36hz, and my buddy that does comps said he can build me a box and tune it high in low 40's and said it would be a lot better. but i want it loud but want it to sound good, and not just a bunch of air and noise. i like the loud low bass. what are your oppinons on what i should do? or i just sell all this and buy a single 10 or 12 se series at 600rms and get a box made? i listen to everything from metal to rap to trance music.

Does he mean better for comps? How does the setup you have now sound? 40hz is higher than alot of people on here run for daily but its realy what you like.

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

40 hz is pretty high man, alot of guys are going with the 32hz like you have already. Your sub won't give you such a good low end anymore at that high I don't believe. And with a ported box you're going to have a rolloff where at the higher end it wont be geared so well for those kicks and such with metal. If you like alot of metal a sealed box would actually give you a more forgiving range to work with. Alot of the higher notes would still sound good, and you'd still have a decent low range for rap and such.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

40 hz is pretty high man, alot of guys are going with the 32hz like you have already. Your sub won't give you such a good low end anymore at that high I don't believe. And with a ported box you're going to have a rolloff where at the higher end it wont be geared so well for those kicks and such with metal. If you like alot of metal a sealed box would actually give you a more forgiving range to work with. Alot of the higher notes would still sound good, and you'd still have a decent low range for rap and such.

well thats what i though, but he seems to think tuning higher is better as he said it will play all the lows still, but this if for daily no comps. the box now is alright, sounds muddy with some music. and i did have a sealed but limited me to how loud i could crank these, thats why i went with ported.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

It'll play the lows, yea...but not loud at all if youre tuning up in the low 40's...if you like the lows and you dont compete with this Id stick to 36 and lower honestly..

Team Tupperware

<First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>
(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .667
12.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)
Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman

Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)
(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)
4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : )

"stfu about scores and float $hit..."

Just built a box, 2 15" audiopipes on 1.5kwrms in an s-10 ext cab @ 32htz. It plays all kinds of music with authority! slams the lows, does decent hairtricks, has excelent crisp kick bass. Chokes ya up a lil on higher bass. Sounds Great on just about anything you could throw at it.

My guess is mid to high 40's at a low(er) frequency

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=39407&hl=

Edited by footlongsam

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Does he mean better for comps? How does the setup you have now sound? 40hz is higher than alot of people on here run for daily but its realy what you like.

i think he said "his friend that dose competitions" in other words his friend that competes!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i think he said "his friend that dose competitions" in other words his friend that competes!

yea ive always thought tuning lower was better, but he listened to my truck and said, yea its tuned to low, its missing a lot of the higher stuff. but i also had my deck set at 120 on lpf and hpf but i droped it to 80hz, when i had the deck set at 120 it hit all the highs hard but there wasn't many deep lows. i know these are small subs but there has to be a box that can make these things just go wild. the box i just built is ok but sounds muddy with a bunch of songs. not really impressed with it.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver