Sundown Audio

Is My Enclosures Net Volume Ok?

Hopefully one of the great sundown guys that helped test these subs can chime in. These are the copper coil 15D1 nightshades. My build is progressing nicely with the exception of a couple of space restrictions. In order to get past those issues, my 6cf net enclosure is going to have a final net volume after all displacements of 5.4cf. I'm still thinking of tuning it at 28 - 30 hz. Do you guys think that will be ok for these animals?

One SAZ-3000D @1ohm will be powering them. Electrical is at 15.6v with 250amp alt and I'll add batts as needed to keep voltage from dropping.

Thanks again, Bob.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Should do fine.

X2, the Nightshade 15's seem to do well in 2.5-3.75 cuft per sub. What does your port area look like for the setup? I would reccomend at least 12 sqin per cuft for them if not more. That is if you are doing a slot port. If you do an aero or psp I'd say no less than 9 sqin per cuft. I can tell you with my box right now I have 7.2 cuft and 75.36 sqin of port. It's tuned to 37hz and with only 3K watts of power it's done a 149.7 on the dash. I think that I have more in it I just need to have it metered. I found an issue with the car that may help my score since I fixed it.

Another question. Which way are you firing the subs and port at? You may be best to fire the subs and port foward and seal the box off from the trunk. That is probably the loudest you will get but if your not going for super high spl I'm sure whatever your doing will work.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

X2, the Nightshade 15's seem to do well in 2.5-3.75 cuft per sub. What does your port area look like for the setup? I would reccomend at least 12 sqin per cuft for them if not more. That is if you are doing a slot port. If you do an aero or psp I'd say no less than 9 sqin per cuft. I can tell you with my box right now I have 7.2 cuft and 75.36 sqin of port. It's tuned to 37hz and with only 3K watts of power it's done a 149.7 on the dash. I think that I have more in it I just need to have it metered. I found an issue with the car that may help my score since I fixed it.

Another question. Which way are you firing the subs and port at? You may be best to fire the subs and port foward and seal the box off from the trunk. That is probably the loudest you will get but if your not going for super high spl I'm sure whatever your doing will work.

Hehehe, you read my mind. Check out my build log, I posted the test fit today. box isn't slid all the way in yet (stock bose speakers in the way) but it gives you an idea. The front of the box will be slightly recessed about an inch past the metal I cut out. Trunk sealed from cab, Subs foward as in pic and I was going to route the 2 6" aeroports out the top of the box through the deck, but I think I just changed my mind. I have JUST enough room to punch them through the baffle between the subs, one above and one below along the horizontal centerline which will put them facing right at the ski hole in the rear seat. the plan so far (at least calculated to 6cf net) was 2 6" aeros at 28" length for a tuning of 28hz. We will see what fits. Your thoughts are always welcome.

By the way, I love the finish on your box, is that just a coat of resin?

DSC00971.jpg

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png