I'm currently running 2k RMS, did the Big 3, and haven't really had any voltage problems till today. I was driving around to get gas when I noticed my low fuel light dimming when the subs hit, I have a cap in the back mostly for watching voltage cause I had one laying around, and volts are dropping to 11.7-12 area. Time for a second battery? And if so what do you recommend in the 250-300 dollar price range?

Not necessary! Having a second battery sometime cause more problem down the road depending how you take care of it. You mention that you didn't had any issues with voltage problem before. It seem like your front battery is going to died. What does your battery voltage say when it the engine isn't on? What does it say when the engine on? You are experience low voltage problem. I don't recommend second battery as yet until you diagnose what the cause is.

When the car's off I'm showing 12.5 on the battery up front, and then when it's on everything reads around 14.4 like normal, then I get some bass going and it drops all of a sudden, I've put the multimeter on every connection in the system and it's reading good just until the music starts. I have the big 3 in 1/0 as well so no voltage drop there...I'm thinking my alternator just isn't keeping up and thought a second battery might be able to store some more charge so it's not drawing down the car's electrical as much.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

if u have voltage drop try run a ground from the batt back then get 3 more groun point through out the car and met the together and see if u still have it i have 4 ground spot in my civic help me alot i use to go down to 9 volts now it goes to like 13.4 on 3 batts and a mojo 4k on stock alt

If you're dropping under 12.2v you need more battery power.

But the fact that you're dropping under ~13.8v says you need a bigger alternator too :)

EDIT: Assuming there's nothing wrong with your wiring/grounding...

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

a bad battery will sometimes show a good voltage until a load is put on it. that might be the sign that your batt is about to say "Fu@# you mr. car owner"

Put in a bigger alternator, especially with the price you listed.

anything into the 12s means that your overpowering the alt, you dont want to use the bats unless at idle or bass race so alt #1 and bats #2

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Yep you need a larger alternator if you've got the big 3 done and all the wiring in 1/0 and still having steady voltage drop.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Alright I don't know much about the different alternators out there, I know Meade likes Iraggi, what's everyone's favorite?? This is for a 2002 Acura Tl btw.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?