Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7 15" this box sufficent ??

Hi everybody im new here i just finished designing up my box for 1 06model L7 15" DVC4 it will be going into a hatchback and havin 1500rms to it does this box setup seem right?

4.7FT3 after displacement of bracing and subwoofer

3x 4" aeroports 13.75" deep tuned to 36Hz

correct setup or i made a mistake somewhere ??

no, just keep it at 36 hz.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Question are you wanting to compete, or just have it for a daily driver. 30-32Hz if you love low lows. 38-40 if you're gonna be trying to get some good numbers, because lows don't win MAX dB scores. 40-50Hz will be where your numbers come from. 36 is perfect for both. Understand the low part in rap songs ususally only drop to 34Hz average. Tuned it lower will just make it deep as hell sounding. L7 15' can play as low as 18Hz which you can't even hear. 36hz is a perfect tuning.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Question are you wanting to compete, or just have it for a daily driver. 30-32Hz if you love low lows. 38-40 if you're gonna be trying to get some good numbers, because lows don't win MAX dB scores. 40-50Hz will be where your numbers come from. 36 is perfect for both. Understand the low part in rap songs ususally only drop to 34Hz average. Tuned it lower will just make it deep as hell sounding. L7 15' can play as low as 18Hz which you can't even hear. [glow=red,2,300]36hz is a perfect tuning.[/glow]

That's what most people would say about 32hz  ;)

My L7s were tunned to 35hz and I couldn't play some Lil Jon songs good...So I would say 36hz isn't a perfect tunning.

Question are you wanting to compete, or just have it for a daily driver. 30-32Hz if you love low lows. 38-40 if you're gonna be trying to get some good numbers, because lows don't win MAX dB scores. 40-50Hz will be where your numbers come from. 36 is perfect for both. Understand the low part in rap songs ususally only drop to 34Hz average. Tuned it lower will just make it deep as hell sounding. L7 15' can play as low as 18Hz which you can't even hear. [glow=red,2,300]36hz is a perfect tuning.[/glow]

That's what most people would say about 32hz  ;)

My L7s were tunned to 35hz and I couldn't play some Lil Jon songs good...So I would say 36hz isn't a perfect tunning.

For people who are wanting to hit good numbers, while playing some good lows notes, 36 is perfect. 32Hz is great for something daily. 28Hz for if you want to hit every low in each song. But I higher tuned enclosure is what gets your number. It's all in how you want to plan your system. You could do something like what Meade has, and have a changable port, just for high tuning, to pick up 1-2dB's.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609