Sundown Audio

No I am completely correct. You would take the dual 1 ohm coils and wire in parallel achieving .5 ohms per sub. Then wire them in series getting a 1 ohm load. Next you would wire that 1 ohm load to the strapped amps and each amp will see .5 ohms. I don't know where your getting lost here but I am CORRECT.

EDIT:

He was asking if he strapped a pair of amps at 1 ohm would each amp see .5, and the answer is yes whatever the nominal load is each amp see's half of that impedence. I was telling him how he would be able to have each amp see .5 ohms like he asked. Now for a d1 there are a few options. Coils in series at 2 ohms each amp will see 1 ohm, coils in parallel at .5 ohms each amp will see .25 ohms.

Once again you are wrong. There is more than one way to wire a sub. If the sub was wired at 2 oms and connected to a strapped pair of amps they would indeed see 1 ohm per amp.

And pehaps you should calm down it is ok to be wrong.

Once again you are wrong. There is more than one way to wire a sub. If the sub was wired at 2 oms and connected to a strapped pair of amps they would indeed see 1 ohm per amp.

And pehaps you should calm down it is ok to be wrong.

I answered his question correctly. I told him that the nominal impedence is seen as half by each amp when strapped. Tell me what part of that is not correct? Exactly bitches!!! Then I also proceeded to tell him how to reach a .5 ohm load when strapping amps. Then in another reply I also explained how to reach a 1 ohm load when strapping amps. Please tell me what part of my answers are not correct. Or is it that I didn't answer it exactly how you would? I took a different approach to it and gave examples of how to do so.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

No I am completely correct. You would take the dual 1 ohm coils and wire in parallel achieving .5 ohms per sub. Then wire them in series getting a 1 ohm load. Next you would wire that 1 ohm load to the strapped amps and each amp will see .5 ohms. I don't know where your getting lost here but I am CORRECT.

EDIT:

He was asking if he strapped a pair of amps at 1 ohm would each amp see .5, and the answer is yes whatever the nominal load is each amp see's half of that impedence. I was telling him how he would be able to have each amp see .5 ohms like he asked. Now for a d1 there are a few options. Coils in series at 2 ohms each amp will see 1 ohm, coils in parallel at .5 ohms each amp will see .25 ohms.

Once again you are wrong. There is more than one way to wire a sub. If the sub was wired at 2 oms and connected to a strapped pair of amps they would indeed see 1 ohm per amp. And pehaps you should calm down it is ok to be wrong.

Please tell me that you don't see that we are saying the exact same fucking thing in the bold print.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You are right we are wrong thanks for clearing that up for the whole forum. anything else you want me to post for you to calm down? just pm me I will edit it for you.

I am just wondering do you frequent *** forum?

Edited by Dr. Johnson

i seen where he was asking about 1 sub that is dual 1 ohm, and if he had *2* 1 ohm amps would the amps strapped together be 1 ohm per amp or .5 ohm...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones