Sundown Audio

you can run each amp per coil and get 1ohm per amp, or series the woofer for 2ohms and do 2ohms strapped and each amp will see 1ohm

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

So if i bought a d1 sub i could strap it a 1 ohm each amp or would that be .5 ohm each amp? i am just considering options as i wait.

To answer your question you would need 2 d1 subs to run at 1 ohm and then yes each of the amps would see .5 ohms when strapped. Whenever strapping a pair of amps each amp see's half of the nominal impedence.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

To answer your question you would need 2 d1 subs to run at 1 ohm and then yes each of the amps would see .5 ohms when strapped. Whenever strapping a pair of amps each amp see's half of the nominal impedence.

I believe you sir are incorrect. that would be way less than 1 ohm. that would be something like .5 or .25 depending on the sub.

I believe you sir are incorrect. that would be way less than 1 ohm. that would be something like .5 or .25 depending on the sub.

No I am completely correct. You would take the dual 1 ohm coils and wire in parallel achieving .5 ohms per sub. Then wire them in series getting a 1 ohm load. Next you would wire that 1 ohm load to the strapped amps and each amp will see .5 ohms. I don't know where your getting lost here but I am CORRECT.

EDIT:

He was asking if he strapped a pair of amps at 1 ohm would each amp see .5, and the answer is yes whatever the nominal load is each amp see's half of that impedence. I was telling him how he would be able to have each amp see .5 ohms like he asked. Now for a d1 there are a few options. Coils in series at 2 ohms each amp will see 1 ohm, coils in parallel at .5 ohms each amp will see .25 ohms.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

would you not wire it up to 2 ohms and have each amp at 1 ohm?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

You need to reread what he said....

So if i bought a d1 sub i could strap it a 1 ohm each amp or would that be .5 ohm each amp? i am just considering options as i wait.

If you take one d1 sub and series the coils you get a 2 ohm load. Then strap that and you get 1 ohm per amp.

Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

or just run 1 coil per amp, and set the amps the same

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones