what do you guys use besides two hands and paper to sand out stuff? i am working on a system right now that has a solid 10+ hours left of sanding and i already put in 4. this 60 grit is killing my fingers! i have a palm sander but its only good for the bigger flat surfaces.

so anything air or electric that will get around curves with some ease would be great. im not looking to get in all the tight spots just the larger to mid size angles.

NEUMAN

I really hate sanding with my hands because it make it fall off. An Air compressor with Dual sander would do the work. Goes very fast and does the job. It expensive and not cheap. Are you sanding filler or something?

yeah im sanding filler. look at this link:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=38200

both kitty hair filler and regular finish filler. the finish is alot easier but still my fingers hate me. i have an air powered disc sander but ti likes to dig to much. i generally use it to rough up a surface not shape it. that or knock down the high points.

how much are we talking for this said dual sander?

NEUMAN

hes talkin about a DA sander....or dual action sander....you can find them at sears or online @ eastwood.....idk if home depot has them....but itll be nice around curves ...kitty hair is gonna be a pain in the ass cuz of the fibers in it, just makes it thicker....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Chicago Pneumatic has em for around $50.

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

i got my Kawasaki Dual air sander at pepboys for only $35 , im not expecting it to last forever but i dont use it all the time anyway, just for my fiber glassing projects. But wow does it make things easier!..the only thing that kills it are the sanding pads, like $5 for 4 sticky pads of whatever grit..and i haven't found a great selection of different size grits. The highest was like 220 and the lowest was like 80.

But yea deff pick one up, or you can opt for the electric kinds.

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

What you need to do is use a cheese grader...to knock the mud down when its still tacky then sand it after it dries..you can pick on up at a local body shop supply house...

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it,' unless you're a tweaker, and in that case you already fixed it ten times and it's still broken. - Dave Mustaine

• 4 weeks later...

u shouldve sanded it while its on the "green stage"