Uhh N00b Mistake

I just bought a couple 250A stinger fuses so im going to try those out but im pretty sure the problem was that the fuse was pretty exposed to the front tire splashing water/snow/salt onto it so i duct tape the shiiiit out of the holder and wire so hopefully this wont happen again.

Re-route that fuse to another spot in the vehicle. Last thing you want is water in your fuse.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

nobody has asked and if posted and i missed it,just curious as to what gauge wire your running?

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Re-route that fuse to another spot in the vehicle. Last thing you want is water in your fuse.

yeah i need to buy more wire this summer and redo it i dont have time now so im just water proofing it with good ol fashion duct tape.

sometimes the simplest things are so easy to overlook.

i know right?

nobody has asked and if posted and i missed it,just curious as to what gauge wire your running?

0 gauge

ive seen like a dozen different fuses, all different shapes and sizes (but glass ones...) that look like that or worse. i saw a mini-anl 80amp that was literally melted to the car i a big puddle of bubbly, obviously like boiled, plastic.

what happens, afaik, is that you are running near what the fuse can handle, like an 80amp with 78 amps going through it. It heats up, but not enough to blow. as it continues to run at a high heat it melts the plastic and all that jazz, but it never quite has the burst needed to fry the circuit. The high heat raises resistance and lowers the current, self protecting the circuit (or charging your rear batt real slow...), but it just keeps bouncing around that point just below where it blows.

ive really seen every kind of "plastic" fuse out there melted and bubbled, some even blackened where they caught fire and burned the plastic off but never blew. its scary how bad some of the fuses out there are. Ive been using kicker/stinger fuses and never had that happen, it always seems to be "install bay" or some other random unmarked fuse that does that.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I just went out and checked my shit! That could have been WAY worse. At least you only lost a fuse holder and fuse. I wonder what the wire looks like if the fuse took all that heat.

the wire looked nasty i just restripped it

were the fuse hold down bolts tight?

asfaik they were

ive seen like a dozen different fuses, all different shapes and sizes (but glass ones...) that look like that or worse. i saw a mini-anl 80amp that was literally melted to the car i a big puddle of bubbly, obviously like boiled, plastic.

what happens, afaik, is that you are running near what the fuse can handle, like an 80amp with 78 amps going through it. It heats up, but not enough to blow. as it continues to run at a high heat it melts the plastic and all that jazz, but it never quite has the burst needed to fry the circuit. The high heat raises resistance and lowers the current, self protecting the circuit (or charging your rear batt real slow...), but it just keeps bouncing around that point just below where it blows.

ive really seen every kind of "plastic" fuse out there melted and bubbled, some even blackened where they caught fire and burned the plastic off but never blew. its scary how bad some of the fuses out there are. Ive been using kicker/stinger fuses and never had that happen, it always seems to be "install bay" or some other random unmarked fuse that does that.

yeah im kinda scared now haha i learned my lesson im using name brand fuses from now on.

yeah im kinda scared now haha i learned my lesson im using name brand fuses from now on.

that X2 man. I have been looking at 4 awg kits all week on Ebay and each brand looks sketchier than the next. I plan to use the fuse it comes with and thats an awful lot to trust in some unknown brand.

then again, the only brands i've recognized are Tsunami and Kicker (and maybe Streetwire? Is that one?)

images-1.jpg

that X2 man. I have been looking at 4 awg kits all week on Ebay and each brand looks sketchier than the next. I plan to use the fuse it comes with and thats an awful lot to trust in some unknown brand.

then again, the only brands i've recognized are Tsunami and Kicker (and maybe Streetwire? Is that one?)

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-AK4

done

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived